1.    #1  
    I have my treo hooked up to my desktop with a cheap ebay cradle that doesnt have a hotsync button. Is there any way to initiate a hotsync from the desktop computer itself? I have this new wireless keyboard that has tons of programmable buttons. I can make a button launch an exe, but can't seem to find an exe that just starts the hotsync sequence. Does one exist? I've searched and searched and searched.

Thanks
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Don't know about the desktop but if you are connected you can initiate a hot sync from your Treo by just executing the HotSync app and clicking on the center button.

Frank
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Frank, but that isn't what I am asking about. I am wondering if a hotsync can be initiated from the desktop computer, without touching the Treo. The method you mentioned is how I have been hotsyncing since day 1.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Yes, I understood your question but I thought that you were unable to hot sync at all. No, I don't know of a way to initiate a hot sync from the desktop. I am on a Mac using Palm Desktop and I couldn't find a way either. Perhaps some third party app like Intelisync or if you are on a Mac, MissingSync, might let you do this.

Frank
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You would have to have some software running on the Treo that maintained a connection through the USB connection. By default the Treo appears disconnected from the port until you initiate a sync on the device. I have seen products that keep the connection open - PocketTunes can do this, for example - but don't know of one that relays a sync request.
    I think there's an app (I saw it mentiond somwhere in these forums) that will start hotsync whn you put your Palm in the cradle. Not exactly what you want.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    You would have to have some software running on the Treo that maintained a connection through the USB connection. By default the Treo appears disconnected from the port until you initiate a sync on the device. I have seen products that keep the connection open - PocketTunes can do this, for example - but don't know of one that relays a sync request.
    This actually makes sense. Every time I run a hotsync the computer makes the "dum-di" USB connect sound as the hotsync starts and the "di-dum" USB disconnect sound after it is over. I guess the button on the cradle/cord sends a signal to the treo, not to the computer. Keeping the treo connected via USB would probably eat up a whole bunch of battery life - not really worth it.