1.    #1  
    I bought this recently (11/25/05) from TC.
    I still have a few days left in the 30 day return period.

After leaving the battery overnight in the charger (connected to the USB port), with the red LED lit overnight, when I pop-in the battery into the Trio 650, it thinks the battery is charged only 35% !! even after a soft reset.

How long does it take to charge a regular OEM battery in the Innocharger?

I switch batteries with the Charge-and-sync cable connected to the Treo, to avoid a reset. Could that be confusing the Treo?

Or is the Innocharger simply not charging the battery correctly?

Thanks.

PS: Who will provide support for this? TC or Seidio?
    Last edited by aprasad; 12/11/2005 at 06:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with a very recently purchased innocharger. For whatever reason, after I completely discharged the battery, and then put it in the innocharger, it DID charge to 99%. Seidio states it takes around 7 hours (!) to fully charge the battery using the USB port (and I think it was around 4-5 hours if you have the AC adapter). Of note, the red light on the innocharger never changes, even when fully charged. Seidio states they will be releasing a new version shortly that will correct this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Seidio states it takes around 7 hours (!) to fully charge the battery using the USB port (and I think it was around 4-5 hours if you have the AC adapter).
    It doesn't take that long to charge the battery in the Treo, connected to USB via chrge-n-sync cable.

I'm going to document this (% charged when put in Innocharger, time elapsed, % charged at the end.) and post here.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    After leaving the battery overnight in the charger (connected to the USB port), with the red LED lit overnight, when I pop-in the battery into the Trio 650, it thinks the battery is charged only 35% !! even after a soft reset.
    Was your computer on overnight?
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScudB
    Was your computer on overnight?
    Yes :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I had the same problem with a very recently purchased innocharger. For whatever reason, after I completely discharged the battery, and then put it in the innocharger, it DID charge to 99%. Seidio states it takes around 7 hours (!) to fully charge the battery using the USB port (and I think it was around 4-5 hours if you have the AC adapter). Of note, the red light on the innocharger never changes, even when fully charged. Seidio states they will be releasing a new version shortly that will correct this.

I hope they do this soon. I too bought the Innocharger assuming the LED will change color when the battery was fully charged. I've only had mine for about week and after I my first day of using it and finding out about the flaw, I haven't used it since.
    This is NOT a design flaw. When Innocharger was designed, it is a one color LED charger. The charger performs as designed. Although we are working on the new version which has two color LED. Refer to this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=innocharger

David Chang
    Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    This is NOT a design flaw. When Innocharger was designed, it is a one color LED charger. The charger performs as designed. Although we are working on the new version which has two color LED. Refer to this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=innocharger

David Chang
    Seidio
    Hi David thanks for the reply. I have purchased the 2200mah battery and innocharger. In my own opinion, it is a flaw because when I have the 2200mah battery in the charger the LED light comes on even when the charger is not plugged into my usb. When it is charging, the LED is also on. The LED is really of no use in my case, if for example the usb cable fails. There's really no way for me to tell if the charger is charging my 2200mah battery. The only way is to wait and then put the battery in my phone to see if the battery charge goes up. As I mentioned in another thread, there wasn't any indication on your website that the LED does not change. Unless I have missed it. I suppose it was my mistake to assume otherwise. I appologize if I've called it a flaw, but I'm sure after reading this you will understand why I feel that it is.
    Haven't bought one yet, but I'd consider it a design flaw. There's a light labeled "CHG" on it. It's absolutely reasonable to expect that when charging is complete, that light will either turn off or change color. I've never seen a charger that doesn't do it. It may be working as designed, but it's still a design flaw. More importantly, it's not designed to work as a reasonable person would expect a light marked "CHG" to behave.

-Brian
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Agreed... although a matter perhaps of semantics, and perhaps not a flaw (in that it was designed this way), it IS *NOT* standard, and not what one would expect. As noted above, in addition to not knowing when the battery is charged, one does not even no if it IS charging, as the light comes on no matter what (even if not connected!). That seems pretty close to a "flaw" to me...
    as the light comes on no matter what (even if not connected!). That seems pretty close to a "flaw" to me...
    not my charger
    The phrases "Design Flaw" and "Working as Designed" are in no way mutually exclusive. "Defective" and "Working as Designed" may be, but you can have a flawed design that works as it was designed. This absolutely qualifies as a design flaw, and I'd be pretty irritated if I had purchased one without being informed of it first. Luckily for me, I haven't bought one, and I probably won't, at least until this is fixed.

-Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    not my charger
    Are you disappointed you do not have this feature? I think it's only for the high capacity battery... is that true?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Are you disappointed you do not have this feature? I think it's only for the high capacity battery... is that true?
    Yes only with the 2200mah battery that the charge light will stay lit even if it's not charging. The OEM battery does not do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    and I'd be pretty irritated if I had purchased one without being informed of it first.

-Brian
    Exactly how I feel...I just hope I will be allowed to exchange it when the new one comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    naw not disappointed... just never had that problem with my charger... must be a high capacity problem like you stated... makes me a lil leary of the high capacity batteries
    Last edited by R1_Rydah; 12/13/2005 at 08:21 PM.