1.    #1  
    I just received a call from someone who said he just bought a T650 and it was programmed with my phone number. My 650 has never been replaced. The number he called from does not show up on a google search. I called VZ customer service and reported the incident. They said nothing to be concerned about. Any comments? Is this some sort of scam. Should I be watching out for anything?
    What did he mean by "programmed with your number"? He can receive your calls? Or he has your number in his contact list? Weird. What else did he say?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    He wasn't very clear, and I ended the call quickly. He said that his "new treo was programmed with my number". I told him to contact his provider. We are on different coasts. Strange indeed.
    And Verizon said it was nothing to be worried about?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    wonder if this is another one of those bluejack stories. if you leave your treo's bluetooth setting on "discoverable" mode, someone else can acquire or view a phone number, sort of how paris hilton's info like photos and things were hacked and "stolen". not sure if this happened, just waging a guess. you're story is certainly unusual.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Just for the record, Paris Hilton's "things" weren't stolen from her phone. Sidekick data is stored on a server, and the server was hacked, not the handset.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Why do people keep insisting Wh.re Hilton was "bluejacked"... And besides, bluejacking on the Treo basically means sending someone a card, you can't just "take" cards from it.

Yeesh.