Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by question
    http://www.eforcity.com/dhantreohs03.html 3.99 Adapter that picks up, hangs up, and has volume control.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051826204625
    37.99 in-ear headphones.

why do you need active isolation when you have 15dB ambient noise isolation + music upto 103dB? (not to mention the sony EX51s actully have quite decent audio quality, if you've read a review of them)

EDIT**NEVERMIND^ the seado headset isnt even active isolation, its just a canal phone. these adapters break, im not deying that the 3.99 insten adapter wont break, but when it does break, i can use one of the 10 i bought for the price of just one seado adapter. the sony headphones are probably >X10 the quality of the seado, this is just my bias from my first seado 2in1headset adapter with headphones which claimed to have "superior audio quality", so really its not fair to calculate the cost of the headphones as you can keep them for years and use them on many applications (not simply the treo).

Yeah, these Seidio isolator things probably dont' sound as good as the Insten adapter + Sony's "canal"-phones. It's also costs alot less to go with the Insten + Sony. I haven't used the Seidio isolator model yet, but at the price they're asking for, I'm never going to try them. I also haven't read too many positive reviews about them. They're not getting very high praises over at MTDN.
    Has anyone tried just cutting off the earbuds from the Seidio 2 in 1 and splicing on the Sony ear buds? I can't imagine why that wouldn't work to give one the best of both worlds (i.e. a phone headset with great sound quality). I'll try it this weekend unless it has failed for someone already.
    If you're gonna do that, why not just get the Seidio 2-in1 adapter + the Sony headphones? And if you're thinking about getting a Seidio 2-in1 adapter, don't waste your money and buy an Insten 2-in-1 adapter instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    If you're gonna do that, why not just get the Seidio 2-in1 adapter + the Sony headphones? And if you're thinking about getting a Seidio 2-in1 adapter, don't waste your money and buy an Insten 2-in-1 adapter instead.
    Just to keep the wire mess and hardware down to a minimum. A very neat and transparent job can be made of splicing the wires.
    I was just looking at the Shure i3c and their design has the mic at one side of the "Y" shaped wires. This places the mic closer to your mouth and makes more sense.

The seidio isolators are located slightly below where the right and left wires converge... which means that the mic is somewhere at chest level.

Does this mean I have to constantly hold the mic up close to my mouth? Maybe in a quiet environment indoors it will work without needing to hold it up but what about outdoors in a noisy environment? This will definitely have an effect in the ability to maintain conversations whilst on the go.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    I was just looking at the Shure i3c and their design has the mic at one side of the "Y" shaped wires. This places the mic closer to your mouth and makes more sense.

The seidio isolators are located slightly below where the right and left wires converge... which means that the mic is somewhere at chest level.

Does this mean I have to constantly hold the mic up close to my mouth? Maybe in a quiet environment indoors it will work without needing to hold it up but what about outdoors in a noisy environment? This will definitely have an effect in the ability to maintain conversations whilst on the go.
    Seidio headset comes with the shirt clip. With this clip you can get the mic as close to your mouth as you want when it is necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio headset comes with the shirt clip. With this clip you can get the mic as close to your mouth as you want when it is necessary.
    Hi, unfortunately I was too impulsive and had placed an order before I read your reply... Since it's within 24 hrs and the item is still listed as only being "ready to ship", is there any way to cancel my order?

Sorry for the trouble. I have also sent an email regarding this to order@seidioonline.com.
    I hardly think 4-6 inches will make a difference in mic placement...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.

I prefer the seidio style where the mic is below the Y, I find it much easier to wear and I dont have any problem with being heard (like seidio says, you can clip it on your collar if its really load. My Wifes SMT5600 phone came with one designed like the Shure (the mic on the line that runs to the left ear) and it made the headset unbalanced and pulled/flopped the earpiece out when she was exercising etc... She got rid of that one and actually replaced it with a Seidio.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I hardly think 4-6 inches will make a difference in mic placement...
    I appreciate all the comments guys but I am still of the opinion that the further the mic is from your mouth, then the lesser/softer the voice pickup and the more/louder surrounding interference will be. In any case I will have to compensate for such a design by either talking louder or manually positioning the mic closer to my mouth (by hand or clip).

As such I would appreaciate it if a Seidio representative would get back to me ASAP in time before the order gets shipped out. I'm pretty sure that a large respected organization like Seidio wouldn't partake in underhand practises in regards to order cancellation just to ensure a sale.

Thanks.
  11.    #91  
    I appreciate all the comments guys but I am still of the opinion that the further the mic is from your mouth, then the lesser/softer the voice pickup and the more/louder surrounding interference will be. In any case I will have to compensate for such a design by either talking louder or manually positioning the mic closer to my mouth (by hand or clip).

As such I would appreaciate it if a Seidio representative would get back to me ASAP in time before the order gets shipped out. I'm pretty sure that a large respected organization like Seidio wouldn't partake in underhand practises in regards to order cancellation just to ensure a sale.

Thanks.
    HI,

Can you tell me what is your order #, I will make sure it gets done if it has not .

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    HI,

Can you tell me what is your order #, I will make sure it gets done if it has not .

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Hi David. It's order # 36215. Thanks for your assistance.

That was fast. I just checked my account and it's listed as cencelled. Thanks for the excellent customer service.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345