Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Hey what is the silver button on the MIC suppose to do ..because it does NOTHING on my headset, it surely doesn't answer a call or end a call. Tell me I didn't get a defective unit.
    The silver buttons on my units (a retractable adapter and a non-retractable noise isolating headset) will answer and hang up calls with a single press. I am also able to use the Headset Control application to control PTunes actions (Next, Previous, Play/Pause, etc.).
    I purchased the original "Music Enthusiast 2-in-1 Retractable Headset" about 110 days ago. While they worked, I loved them. Unfortunately, the strain relief at the plug recently gave out so that the sound is intermittent on one side. I would like to return them for repair or replacement but it appears that Seidio only offers a 90 day warranty on any retractable headset. I submitted a request for an RMA but haven't heard anything from Seidio. I'm a bit disappointed. In any case, beware of purchasing the retractable version of anything from them.

Paul
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada
    I purchased the original "Music Enthusiast 2-in-1 Retractable Headset" about 110 days ago. While they worked, I loved them. Unfortunately, the strain relief at the plug recently gave out so that the sound is intermittent on one side. I would like to return them for repair or replacement but it appears that Seidio only offers a 90 day warranty on any retractable headset. I submitted a request for an RMA but haven't heard anything from Seidio. I'm a bit disappointed. In any case, beware of purchasing the retractable version of anything from them.

Paul
    That's good info. Thanks.

I usually don't buy retractables because it stands to reason that they will not last as long and I don't like the extra bulk, especially for headphones.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    That's good info. Thanks.

I usually don't buy retractables because it stands to reason that they will not last as long and I don't like the extra bulk, especially for headphones.
    I've tried both retractable and non. For me, the retractable worked better since it would stay untangled. It was also easily adjusted to just the right length to reach from my front left pants pocket to my ear. The Palm 2-in-1 was too long. Apparently, the reliability is the main drawback. I'll probably end up fixing it myself by splicing on a new connector - that's not easily done but it might be worth the effort.

Paul
    Well it's confirmed, my NEW 2in1 headset from Seidio silver button does NOT answer or end calls. I thought it might of been my jack but I tried it on the wife's phone and it doesn't work on her's either. Her cell phone has an " auto answer" option which if enabled will and did automatically answer the call through the headset. So it's definitely the Silver button that's defective. This is not a good first experience with Seidio.

I hate having to go through the whole refund thing. What I usually do is just eat it and buy no more from that place.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 01/02/2006 at 06:04 PM.
  6. KBS
    I received the music enthusiast headset for my 600 on 12/22. It came in a plastic cover that had been sliced open at the top along with the cardboard insert that had also been cut. It looked like I received a returned product. It also was missing any kind of instructions or warranty information. The earbud foam covers had such a tiny hole to use to insert on the earbuds, they both ripped when I tried to put them on the buds. (My son was kind enough to offer me one of his TWO sets that came with his Nano he received on Christmas day and I was able to install them on the buds without incident.)

I emailed technical support on 12/22 asking for instuctions, warranty info and replacement foam covers that would fit (although the sleeves look great if they would fit the headset I received). I received a reply back advising me to email customer service. I would have thought that the technical support rep could have forwarded the email to customer service for me, but apparently he couldn't. So I emailed customer support on 12/23 and never received a response. I think that is adequate time in spite of the holidays to have received some reply. Maybe I can get a response from this post, since it is monitored by Seidio.

In spite of my complaints, the headset seems to work well, even though I had to figure out how to work it without any instuctions at all and the product had been opened before I received it.

Help here, Seidio? I would truly appreciate it!
    Well the plot thickens, if the sound is in MONO the silver button works, if the sound is in STEREO the silver button does NOT work. It's this way on both my Treo and Wife's cell phone.
    Well the plot thickens, if the sound is in MONO the silver button works, if the sound is in STEREO the silver button does NOT work. It's this way on both my Treo and Wife's cell phone.
    Are you both using 650s or 600s? I'm pretty sure that there is a key difference.

Paul
    http://www.eforcity.com/dhantreohs03.html 3.99 Adapter that picks up, hangs up, and has volume control.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051826204625
    37.99 in-ear headphones.

why do you need active isolation when you have 15dB ambient noise isolation + music upto 103dB? (not to mention the sony EX51s actully have quite decent audio quality, if you've read a review of them)

EDIT**NEVERMIND^ the seado headset isnt even active isolation, its just a canal phone. these adapters break, im not deying that the 3.99 insten adapter wont break, but when it does break, i can use one of the 10 i bought for the price of just one seado adapter. the sony headphones are probably >X10 the quality of the seado, this is just my bias from my first seado 2in1headset adapter with headphones which claimed to have "superior audio quality", so really its not fair to calculate the cost of the headphones as you can keep them for years and use them on many applications (not simply the treo).
    Last edited by question; 01/03/2006 at 01:47 AM.
    Since no one has asked this yet:

Are the wires Y-shaped (e.g. iPod stock headphones) or F-shaped (e.g. most Sony headphones)?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Since no one has asked this yet:

Are the wires Y-shaped (e.g. iPod stock headphones) or F-shaped (e.g. most Sony headphones)?
    The Seidio Noise Isolating (non-retractable) headset has Y-shaped wires. They are 52" long. My Sony headphones (model MDR-EX51LP) have unequal length wires with the shorter side measuring 50" long. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1
    The Seidio Noise Isolating (non-retractable) headset has Y-shaped wires. They are 52" long. My Sony headphones (model MDR-EX51LP) have unequal length wires with the shorter side measuring 50" long. Hope this helps.
    Nice. I prefer Y-shaped wires as they are neater. Thanks for the info.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Ok when am wrong I confess it and my intentions where not to discredit Seidio, it seems that you must push the jack ALL the way in which I really had to put some pressure on it and the headset jack must be facing the opposite side of the Treo, it seems to work OK this way.

Also and I don't know if this is by design but when answering a call while listening to music the volume will drop off therefore the caller is not blasting in your ear.
    Ok when am wrong I confess it and my intentions where not to discredit Seidio, it seems that you must push the jack ALL the way in which I really had to put some pressure on it and the headset jack must be facing the opposite side of the Treo, it seems to work OK this way.

viking..you may already know it, but the Audio jacks on the Treo's are notorious for being crappy (and eventually failing)...it's got nothing to do with the mini-jack that Seidio is using...its a design defect of the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    viking..you may already know it, but the Audio jacks on the Treo's are notorious for being crappy (and eventually failing)...it's got nothing to do with the mini-jack that Seidio is using...its a design defect of the Treo.
    Yeah am kind of bummed out about the audio jack it seems to screw up my earpiece also, I just wish there was a solution.
    Yeah am kind of bummed out about the audio jack it seems to screw up my earpiece also, I just wish there was a solution.
    yep..sucks, the only real solution is to have your Treo replaced

if your Treo's jack becomes completely unusable and you cant get your phone replaced, Seidio did come up with a workaround to pull the audio off of the data jack (but it adds bulk)

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=227
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Nice. I prefer Y-shaped wires as they are neater. Thanks for the info.
    That wasn't my point. I picked the ex51s out of the air, you can use a million different headphones, with Y or F or Z or what ever wires you want. Heck, even the ipod headphones most people throw away had better audio quality. Just my 2 cents, you don't have to be stuck with one headset!
  18. KBS
    Quote Originally Posted by KBS
    I received the music enthusiast headset for my 600 on 12/22. It came in a plastic cover that had been sliced open at the top along with the cardboard insert that had also been cut. It looked like I received a returned product. It also was missing any kind of instructions or warranty information. The earbud foam covers had such a tiny hole to use to insert on the earbuds, they both ripped when I tried to put them on the buds. (My son was kind enough to offer me one of his TWO sets that came with his Nano he received on Christmas day and I was able to install them on the buds without incident.)

I emailed technical support on 12/22 asking for instuctions, warranty info and replacement foam covers that would fit (although the sleeves look great if they would fit the headset I received). I received a reply back advising me to email customer service. I would have thought that the technical support rep could have forwarded the email to customer service for me, but apparently he couldn't. So I emailed customer support on 12/23 and never received a response. I think that is adequate time in spite of the holidays to have received some reply. Maybe I can get a response from this post, since it is monitored by Seidio.

In spite of my complaints, the headset seems to work well, even though I had to figure out how to work it without any instuctions at all and the product had been opened before I received it.

Help here, Seidio? I would truly appreciate it!
    Now I eat crow. Today I received a brand new, unopened headset from Seidio in the mail. I was waiting for an email response (never received), but this is MUCH better. Thank you Seidio. GREAT customer service!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Been using my Seidio Noise Isolating (non-retractable) headset for about 2 weeks now:
    - Audio quality and noise "isolation" are OK.
    - Fit is OK: Comfortable for most uses but not necessarily for long hours of listening to music if on a road trip or otherwise.
    - Thought I had a problem with one side being louder than the other but the problem was rectified by rolling the volume knob back-and-forth a couple of times.
    - Looks decent but there is no Left or Right marking to differentiate which may be important to audio buffs
    - Best asset: no need for adapter. I'm now less worried about damaging my Treo's audio socket.
    - Overall: It works adequately and is probably the best match for the limited audio fidelity of the Treo although overpriced.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I just received my isolator 2 in 1. For the past several months I have been using the ear-bud style Seidio 2 in 1. While the isolator is comfortable, I find the sound quality while listening to music to be poorer than that of the non-isolator 2 in 1 from Seidio. I thought the sound quality of the ear bud 2 in 1 was mediocre, but the isolator sound quality is even worse. For $50, and a claim of "superior sound quality" I expected much more, but I haven't seen anyone else lament the sound quality relative to the ear bud 2 in 1, so maybe it's just me...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast