Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I also have one of their newly audio-enhanced models (non noise blocking), and I can say that from a pure audio perspective, the quality is awesome. MUCH better than the Palm hybrid headset model I had been using for the past year or so. The smaller mic/volume pod is also a huge improvement.
    I'd like to try one of the noise blocking ones - that would be the ultimate I'm sure.
  2.    #42  
    Now the soft sleeves for Inear isolator are available. They are available in different sizes and two colors : black and clear.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=234

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I hope I get mine soon! Ear buds are just too big so have been using the 2-1 adaptor...which makes things kinda bulky!

Maybe they will be in my mailbox tonight!
    WOW! Way too expensive. I was waiting to buy these but will definitely go to another brand.
    Can someone weigh in if the isolator ear sleeves are really worth the extra $20 opposed to the normal ear buds, are they really that more comfortable? Also why does the isolator ear sleeves only come in a small size with the headset? I am at odds with which one to get.
    They are pricey. But in this case you really get what you pay for. The InEar noise isolating headsets are awesome.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Can someone weigh in if the isolator ear sleeves are really worth the extra $20 opposed to the normal ear buds, are they really that more comfortable? Also why does the isolator ear sleeves only come in a small size with the headset? I am at odds with which one to get.
    $20? It's listed at $5.95 for the extra pack with large and medium sizes. Am I missing something?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    $20? It's listed at $5.95 for the extra pack with large and medium sizes. Am I missing something?
    Keith,

Thank you for the order. It is $ 5.95 for a set of 4 sleeves (two medium and two large). It is available either in black or clear. The $ 20 referred is the difference between new 2 in1 ear bud and Isolator.

Let me know how you like it when you receive it.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Keith,

Thank you for the order. It is $ 5.95 for a set of 4 sleeves (two medium and two large). It is available either in black or clear. The $ 20 referred is the difference between new 2 in1 ear bud and Isolator.

Let me know how you like it when you receive it.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    David,

Thanks for the clarification!
    I'll be sure to let you know my experience...

Regards,
    Keith
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Been using these new 'phones for a few days now.

They are... OK. Certainly the best of the 2 in 1 headsets I've tried.

But, they still can't be compared with even decent quality phones that aren't hybrids. Next to no bass response and poorer volume than the moderately priced Panasonics I've been using.

If I anticipate listening to music while getting calls, I'll use them. If I really want high quality sound, I won't.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    i realize they are nice, that's why i would have paid $30-$35 instead of the others that are available for $14, but over $50 is ridiculous for this accessory. No way its $40 better than the competitors.
    wballz,

You'll find lots of people that spend $100's on headsets (and you can always say they are not worth 10x a $10 headset but it all depends what you are looking for). I think the $30 and $50 pricepoints for the seidios is reasonable given the quality (and the multi function).

-Steve
    Well I went with the classic ear buds as I couldn't justify another $20 for sleeves, spent the money on other accessories anyway. Has anyone tried the headsets with MOBITV?
    I have had mine earbuds for a couple of days....really like them because backphones, headphones and ear buds are all too large for my ears/head.

The only complaint I have...I got the retractable ones...and the box that holds the retractable cord is a little heavy and pulls on the ear buds....even with the clip above the microphone attached to clothing. I wonder if david chang would send me the non-retractable pair to try out? I really don't want to do without these now to try and send them back and can't afford another pair.

Except for that....very nice! Thanks seidio....you make some good stuff!
    Instead of getting these Seidio Isolating headsets, just get a cheap Insten 2-in-1 adapter + some Sony earplug headphones. Much better sound quality this way and you get more for your money.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    How is the voice quality through the microphone?
    [This is a follow-up to my previous posts in this thread]

I received my replacement 2-in-1 adapter today from Seidio (thank you, David Chang, for expediting the shipment). They had originally sent me a non-retractable version instead of the retractable model that I had ordered. Now, if I can just get a refund of the shipping charges incurred for returning the incorrect merchandise, everything will be square.

The adapter, when fully retracted, is about 8.5 inches long. This is roughly twice as long as the plain 2.5mm to 3.5 mm adapter (without the 2-in-1 components.). It seems to be a very neatly assembled unit and the 2-in-1 control box works as advertised. I tried the adapter in conjunction with my Sony Fontopia in the ear headphones (model MDR-EX51LP). The sound is very good; just as good as it is with the shorter non-2-in-1 adapter. In comparing this against Seidio's own noise isolating headset design, I personally find the Sony ear pieces to be more comfortable, though I have only tried using the standard ear sleeves that came with the headphones. There are supposed to be different sizes of Seidio ear sleeves that can be purchased separately, but I have not tried those yet. The audio quality of the Seidio model also does not seem to be quite as accurate as the Sony model, but it is still decent. Overall, I think I will choose to primarily use the new Seidio 2-in-1 adapter with my Sony headphones and keep the Seidio Noise Isolating headset as a backup. In either case, I consider the new design of the 2-in-1 component to be a big improvement over the previous version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcase
    How is the voice quality through the microphone?
    pretty good..I dont have any complaints
    Got my shipment today and as far as the headphones go well to be unbias there ALRIGHT not great but alright. I would of like to of seen a lower gauge wire meaning thicker gauge. There extremely thin, also it doesn't include the foam bud covers, which for $35 bucks you think they would. I think part of my gripe is the temperamental headset jack I have, it reminds me of the days when the Sony walkman came out and you had to tape down the headset jack in a specific spot.

I think someone else said it if your looking for BASIC headphones with mic capabilties this is the one, if your looking for HIGH quality sound go with the adapter and some HIGH quality Sony headphones.

On a more postive note the innodock is on par, I got the power splitter which will come in handy for when I want to charge the phone and the computer is turned off.
    Hey what is the silver button on the MIC suppose to do ..because it does NOTHING on my headset, it surely doesn't answer a call or end a call. Tell me I didn't get a defective unit.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast