1.    #1  
    Hey guys, new Treo 650 owner here and i have to agree that the volume on this phone isnt too great. I can barely hear the person on the other end of the phone, and yes my volume is at the max setting. Ive been doing a lot of research on these forums and i have found that VolumeCare it the best program to use, but i was just wondering if there is anything free out there because it seems like an easy fix. Thanks for the help guys !
    Nope...
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Just purchase the volumecare. It's worth it.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostin05
    Hey guys, new Treo 650 owner here and i have to agree that the volume on this phone isnt too great. I can barely hear the person on the other end of the phone, and yes my volume is at the max setting. Ive been doing a lot of research on these forums and i have found that VolumeCare it the best program to use, but i was just wondering if there is anything free out there because it seems like an easy fix. Thanks for the help guys !
    I am happy to hear you have had good success with VolumeCare. I can assure you it was *not* an easy fix. In fact, look at the new ROM release for the Treo. Volume gains are only directed at the handset and volume gains are minimal. Reports are coming in that the handset gains are erased when you get a call waiting notification or when you create a conference call.

VolumeCare has gone through a lengthy development process - 6 months now. It does much more than just giving you more volume during phone calls. It works for microphones and all applications that use the speaker system in the Treo.

Sorry for the feature dump but I just wanted to chime in on the value VolumeCare brings to the table.

In fact, version 5.00 of VolumeCare will be out soon. This version will have a completely re-designed user interface and will have several new modes of operation targeted at the novice user and the expert user. A beta is available now for early adoptors. I am looking for feedback so changes can be made before the official launch.

The beta can be found here: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...download&cid=6

Thanks for everyone's posts and for your on going support!

Jeff

EDIT: I mistyped above and I said HEADSET when I should have said HANDSET.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/10/2005 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am happy to hear you have had good success with VolumeCare. I can assure you it was *not* an easy fix. In fact, look at the new ROM release for the Treo. Volume gains are only directed at the headset and volume gains are minimal. Reports are coming in that the headset gains are erased when you get a call waiting notification or when you create a conference call.
    I second that emotion.

After going for 2 weeks without VC after the Cingular update, I re-installed VC.

The volume increase in the Cingular ROM was not sufficient for noisy environments (like in a bar or while driving ..).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    will volumecare help increase the volume over the bluetooth headset? Im using a motorola hs-850.
    Thanks
    Nope - only works with the wired headsets (as of 5.0b2)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am happy to hear you have had good success with VolumeCare. I can assure you it was *not* an easy fix. In fact, look at the new ROM release for the Treo. Volume gains are only directed at the handset and volume gains are minimal. Reports are coming in that the handset gains are erased when you get a call waiting notification or when you create a conference call.

VolumeCare has gone through a lengthy development process - 6 months now. It does much more than just giving you more volume during phone calls. It works for microphones and all applications that use the speaker system in the Treo.

Sorry for the feature dump but I just wanted to chime in on the value VolumeCare brings to the table.

In fact, version 5.00 of VolumeCare will be out soon. This version will have a completely re-designed user interface and will have several new modes of operation targeted at the novice user and the expert user. A beta is available now for early adoptors. I am looking for feedback so changes can be made before the official launch.

The beta can be found here: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...download&cid=6

Thanks for everyone's posts and for your on going support!

Jeff

EDIT: I mistyped above and I said HEADSET when I should have said HANDSET.

I downloaded the Beta Version 5 and am very happy with it. At the end of the free period I will probably purchase it.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Jeff:
    I tried to download the beta & received an error message that says the site is not available. Is it still okay to download this?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjo99
    Jeff:
    I tried to download the beta & received an error message that says the site is not available. Is it still okay to download this?
    Its right here: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=28

If everything goes well over he next few days, I will be releasing this version later this week.

Jeff