1.    #1  
    Thanks to the folks here at T|C, GoodLink users now have a place to ask questions, provide feedback and discuss GoodLink. A couple of points I wanted to point out:

1) This forum is not officially supported by Good Technology. I am an employee of Good, so therefore I am intimately familiar with the product. If I don't have the answer, I have access to resources to help find the answer.

2) When asking about features in future releases, please bear in mind that there is only so much information I can provide.

Outside of that, all I ask is that you try to stay on-topic. Since we are longer hemmed in by the single thread, this should be much easier to manage and, hopefully, I won't miss any questions.

Thanks and enjoy!
    Fantastic. I am thrilled to see this hear - thank you GoodGuy for being willing to take our input and answer questions.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14
    Fantastic. I am thrilled to see this hear - thank you GoodGuy for being willing to take our input and answer questions.
    My pleasure
    I have moved all the Goodlink related threads (there are at least 37 threads now) from different forum areas. I say "Wow", thanks for your help to the T/C users community

If I missed some or moved some that may not belong, just PM me.

Note to users: If you don't see the rest of the threads, maybe the display options are set from last month only. Change it to the beginning.
    This is fantastic to see a dedicated forum.

GoodGuy: to the best of your knowledge, is this also a good place for discussion on GoodLink running on SmartPhone/PocketPC (in spite of it being here at "TreoCentral".com)? If not, can you recommend a better forum?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by veblen
    This is fantastic to see a dedicated forum.

GoodGuy: to the best of your knowledge, is this also a good place for discussion on GoodLink running on SmartPhone/PocketPC (in spite of it being here at "TreoCentral".com)? If not, can you recommend a better forum?
    Sure, you can. There is another forum at Yahoo! that you may want to check out as well.
    I tried to use the Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard with Goodlink v4.5.0.65. The response is very slow, and even worse, some keystrokes are never recognized , so the keyboard is unusable.

I tried another keyboard, the bluetooth wireless keyboard from VKB (with the laser projection). In this case, no character even appears under Goodlink, no keystroke is recognized.

Both keyboards work perfectly under Memo.

HELP! I need to use an external keyboard to type meeting notes, this is a very important use for me.

Thx!
    Hello GoodGuy,

Been a while since I chimned in... Got our company using Goodlink for bout a year now and been pretty happy.

I have a few suggestions for expanded functionality that I'd like to submit. Perhaps they've been suggested before but here goes..

It would be very helpful for a "drag and drop" like ability to create appointments from a recieved email message. (dont know about other folks but I find myself needing to create appointments and either needing to use the info from a recieved email or wanting to "embed" the details in the appointment) The only way to do this now is by waiting until I am at my PC and doing it directly through Outlook.

Also, I know Goodlink is largely a "business application" and there may be the perception that Contacts "picture features" is unnecessary, but I am a businessman and would REALLY like to see your company add/enable a Contact Picture Feature like the native Palm contacts app. Outlook has it built in to their desktop functionality, why can't you enable it reciprocally in Goodlink. This may also address the requests/issues that continue to come up re: picture Caller Id. My hunch is that your co. may have concerns around total application size. Palm somehow addressed this in their app. Perhaps this could be a goodlink contacts "feature option" that could be turned on or off by user option.

Lastly, as requested before by others, Voice Dialing capability would sure be nice. I understand the technical responses re: the native palm contacts application. Isn't there some way to accomplish this with programming, or at the very least enter into some conversation with the developers who already make these kind of applications and jointly find a way to make this work with your software?

Thanks for the lengthy soapbox. Keep up the "good" work.
    I subscribe to dozens of mailing lists and I have outlook rules to move those emails to folders in a pst file when they arrive. So they arrive in my inbox then the rule processes the mail and moves it to the pst.

The problem that I have is that those emails still get delivered to my device via good when they hit the inbox and when they get moved they disappear.

I am hoping to find a way to not have those messages delivered at all to my device. I only want emails that are supposed to remain in my inbox delivered to my 650. Is this possible?

Thanks
  10.    #10  
    GoodLink does not support .pst files. The only way to have those messages sync is to have the folders under your inbox and have the device sync them.
    Thank you for your reply. I understand that goodlink does not support pst's.

Let me re word the question-

Forgetting about pst's, How can I or can I somehow filter what gets sent to the device? Rather then send everything that hits my inbox.

for example is it possible send to my treo only emails which contain my email address in the to or cc field and not send mail that is sent to a DL.
  12.    #12  
    There are a couple of ways. You can set-up rules to move emails to certain folders within the inbox. You can then go into GoodLink Preferences -> Email Delivery and choose which folders you want GoodLink to sync to the device. Then, if messages are delivered those synced folders, they will go to the device.

The other option is to block sender. Choose an email on the device from a sender that you don't want to come to the device. Click on the sender then hit the menu key, block sender
    yes,

My client based rules were the problem. I tweaked my rules so that they were server based to acheive the desired behaviour.

Thanks!!
    Hello Good Guy,

Just a follow up..

Posted some suggestions in a message on 3/31 and hadn't seen a response...any suggestions or comments?

Thanks
  15.    #15  
    Sorry, greynolds, guess I didn't respond as there isn't much I can do outside of submit your requests to our development group. Couple of things, though:

Drag and drop: I am confused. You can copy and pasted from an email and place it in an appointment.

Picture in contacts: I agree, it probably has to do with the memory constraints as, I am sure you have seen here on TC, we are contstanly being hammered for being so big. People want more features, but they don't want the memory issues that would occur by adding more features. We are addressing the memory constraints within GL and that may end up becoming available.

Voice Dial: A kludgy work around is to re-enable the Palm native contacts as described in the FAQ in the GL forum. You would end up with duplicate contacts, but you can use voice dial in this config.
    Good Guy,

Does GL 4.8 offer a smaller (or bigger) footprint in regards to RAM or dbcache as compared to previous versions? I'm running version 4.0.3.6 client on a Treo 650.

Also a related question: Does the new "Install from mountable file system" feature in GL 4.8 make any difference with the memory footprint, such as freeing up the 91K GdInstall file so that it can be safely moved to the SD card?

Thanks in advance,
    Bill
    Last edited by bsolomon; 04/20/2006 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsolomon
    Good Guy,

Does GL 4.8 offer a smaller (or bigger) footprint in regards to RAM or dbcache as compared to previous versions? I'm running version 4.0.3.6 client on a Treo 650.

Also a related question: Does the new "Install from mountable file system" feature in GL 4.8 make any difference with the memory footprint, such as freeing up the 91K GdInstall file so that it can be safely moved to the SD card?

Thanks in advance,
    Bill
    Good Guy, are you there?

Thanks,
    Bill
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsolomon
    Good Guy,

Thanks in advance,
    Bill
    Anyone out there want to address this? I can say on my 650, 4.8 is 2105KB

As for the GdInstall, good question. let me check
    Good Guy,
    I have posted in the Treo750 link, submitted questions directly to Goodlink, asked questions in Howardforums without any feedback. I'm hoping you might shed some light on my issue. Our company has been running goodlink for at least a year. I have used on several different ppc, JAM, Prophet, TyTn & for quite awhile on my Treo. All of a sudden my Treo started freezing typically after a soft reset upon starting Goodlink. If I don't start Good the device would work until it tried to start Goodlink again. Soft resets do not work to fix the problem. I finally had to remove all software & convert to my TyTn/cingular 8525. This device which also runs PPC WM5 has no problem at all. I cannot figure out why. Any thoughts why this is happening & any fix? I don't know if it's a defective device--All the same programs are installed on my TyTn as the Treo. I would really like to go back to the Treo but can't if I can't get Goodlink to run.
    Hey Goodguy,
    Where can I get documentation about the GoodLink software? specifically, I would like to know exactly what the gdinstall does and what it won't do.

thanks
    Gizmo

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Thanks to the folks here at T|C, GoodLink users now have a place to ask questions, provide feedback and discuss GoodLink. A couple of points I wanted to point out:

1) This forum is not officially supported by Good Technology. I am an employee of Good, so therefore I am intimately familiar with the product. If I don't have the answer, I have access to resources to help find the answer.

2) When asking about features in future releases, please bear in mind that there is only so much information I can provide.

Outside of that, all I ask is that you try to stay on-topic. Since we are longer hemmed in by the single thread, this should be much easier to manage and, hopefully, I won't miss any questions.

Thanks and enjoy!
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 04/08/2008 at 01:25 PM.