1.    #1  
    ... doesn't exist! PLEASE someone out there make something better than the crummy stereo hybrid sets out there today!!!

OK, here's my issue. I find the sound on my Treo 650 to be a little lacking using either the speakerphone or standard phone speaker/earphone. Now, I would also like to listen to music, so the quality of the earphones really matters. I dislike bulky over-ear or around-the-head sets. I want in-ear only. But not the crappy in-ear that don't REALLY go all the way in the ear like the standard Palm hybrid headset (or mono-earphones). I have some Sony headphones of the in-ear-like-a-tight-plug variety that block out nearly all external sound and provide unmatched base. I can use a 3.5 to 2.5mm adapter to use them with my Treo, but this only gives me the sound and no mic. It would be wonderful is a company out there would hear my plea and produce a hybrid headset with the plug-style earbuds, an alligator clip, hands-free microphone with call pickup/end button and a 30" cord. I'd gladly pay $60 for such an accessory. Oh, and I'd like it to have an option for either a straight plug or a 90 degree plug. More on that in my next post!
    what about the the seidio 2-in-1 stereo adaptor? you can use ANY headphones you want with those and it has vol control/mic/answer_end button on the inline remote.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...WPROD&ProdID=7
    you can use the internal mic for phone calls while using the stereo headphones... I do it all the time.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    you want the new Shure i-series headset coming out. www.shure.com
    Quote Originally Posted by netipus
    ... doesn't exist! PLEASE someone out there make something better than the crummy stereo hybrid sets out there today!!!

OK, here's my issue. I find the sound on my Treo 650 to be a little lacking using either the speakerphone or standard phone speaker/earphone. Now, I would also like to listen to music, so the quality of the earphones really matters. I dislike bulky over-ear or around-the-head sets. I want in-ear only. But not the crappy in-ear that don't REALLY go all the way in the ear like the standard Palm hybrid headset (or mono-earphones). I have some Sony headphones of the in-ear-like-a-tight-plug variety that block out nearly all external sound and provide unmatched base. I can use a 3.5 to 2.5mm adapter to use them with my Treo, but this only gives me the sound and no mic. It would be wonderful is a company out there would hear my plea and produce a hybrid headset with the plug-style earbuds, an alligator clip, hands-free microphone with call pickup/end button and a 30" cord. I'd gladly pay $60 for such an accessory. Oh, and I'd like it to have an option for either a straight plug or a 90 degree plug. More on that in my next post!
    Hi Netipus,

Stayed tune for Seidio's announcement this afternoon. !!

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

Hi Netipus,

Here it is !!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101544

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    what about the the seidio 2-in-1 stereo adaptor? you can use ANY headphones you want with those and it has vol control/mic/answer_end button on the inline remote.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...WPROD&ProdID=7
    These don't plug the ear to provide the noise blocking and bass enhancement that I'm talking about. From the other posts, it looks like the upcoming Shure and Seidio products will do the trick, although it remains to be seen if these products will also have an alligator clip (a small detail so tragically overlooked in some earphones!)
    These don't plug the ear to provide the noise blocking and bass enhancement that I'm talking about. From the other posts, it looks like the upcoming Shure and Seidio products will do the trick, although it remains to be seen if these products will also have an alligator clip (a small detail so tragically overlooked in some earphones!)

you said you had your own favorite headphones:

"I have some Sony headphones of the in-ear-like-a-tight-plug variety that block out nearly all external sound and provide unmatched base."

You can use those in conjunction with the 2-in-1 stereo adaptor that siedio offers, which also has a control box with mic/answer button/vol control and even an aligator clip like you're looking for.