1.    #1  
    did anyone order tomtom nagivator 5 from semsons recently? i just received my tomtom today, and there's a note in there telling me that due to a process error, the application cd is not included. they send me to a site to download and its to download the 5.12 update. naturally i can't install this update because its expecting me to have the original application version 5 installed. i am so upset right now. does anyone know where to download the original v5 app? i'm sure that setup is generic and anyone should be able to download since we all get our own product key/code right? i can't find it on tomtom's site. all i can find is the update. thanks...
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    You can return the package I expect
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  3.    #3  
    i guess but still, i'd like to know why they never mentioned that there is no application cd on their website. but more so, i want to keep it as long as i can download the original app somehow.
    Have you actually tried to install the update? I installed 5.2 from the TomTom update site (UK) without installing from the (older) cd first. No problems.
    Mugwump
    Seems TomTom made a BooBoo -- I received the same paper note in my bundle from Seidio. The good news is you do not need the original application CD. Grab 5.12 and install. All other instructions worked for me flawlessly.

And BTW, I'm in love with TomTom -- really great product. And as much as I think I might have liked portability on my GPS, the Seidio G2350 is really well done -- I just wish I didn't have take off my skin case every time I got in the car :-)
    I expect to be getting the TomTom this weekend for my birthday. Assuming I also get the note in place of the CD, is it suggested I install 5.12 or 5.2? I'm in the US and I thought 5.2 is only officially out for the UK.
  7.    #7  
    ok, not sure if this helped but after installing the update, i soft reset the treo. then the application works. before that, i was getting a ARM something error, cannot find file. they should put that in the instructions (to soft reset after initial hotsync) if thats indeed what you have to do. anyway, hope this helps for anyone trying to install from the update downloaded from tomtom.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I expect to be getting the TomTom this weekend for my birthday. Assuming I also get the note in place of the CD, is it suggested I install 5.12 or 5.2? I'm in the US and I thought 5.2 is only officially out for the UK.

If I were you I would wait for the US 5.20. I tried it and had nothing but cache problems and resets. I had to go back to 5.12.