1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I would like a program that would not require the visitor to my site to install any software. Yet works through the standard messenger services such as MSN, Yahoo, ETC. The messenger would be activated via a flash button. Any ideas?

TIA
    Last edited by NRG; 12/08/2005 at 11:45 PM.
    To clarify....you want your users to use a web-based client to talk to you on one of the standard IM platforms, correct?

I think you could do this if you were running a jabber server. You could use a web front-end jabber client for your users, then a back-end IM transport for MSN, Yahoo, etc. Not sure about launching the jabber webclient via flash, but I can't see why that wouldn't work. The client would be javascript and html.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    To clarify....you want your users to use a web-based client to talk to you on one of the standard IM platforms, correct?

I think you could do this if you were running a jabber server. You could use a web front-end jabber client for your users, then a back-end IM transport for MSN, Yahoo, etc. Not sure about launching the jabber webclient via flash, but I can't see why that wouldn't work. The client would be javascript and html.
    That sounds great, complicated but great! Could you send me in the direction to look? Where I might find an 'IM transport' and other pieces to gather so I can cobble it together.
    http://www.jabber.org/

That'll get you started. First thing you need is jabber...everything else is an add-on.
    - Albert Einstein
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    http://www.jabber.org/

That'll get you started. First thing you need is jabber...everything else is an add-on.
    Thanks, I think. This might be a week or two of my life GONE! But, when I get it up and running, it will be all worth it. Thanks ExJoe
    Good luck!
    - Albert Einstein