1.    #1  
    Has anyone had a problem with there Sprint 650 1.12 hardware B becoming non-responsive such as the screen being on but not being able to use the 5-way or touch screen to get it to respond to commands. It's not locked up. It's like the digitizer is waaaay off and the 5-way may navigate, but who knows where. My supervisor keeps having a problem with his 650 doing this. A regular reset does not solve the problem. I can take the battery out and wait a few seconds and put it back in and it fixes it for awhile. It is happening more and more often. The only 3rd party apps are Docs to Go, Pocket Tunes, BackupBuddy, and Sprint's Biz Connection. Any ideas are appreciated.
    Hi John!!

Two thoughts:

1. If the screen is unresponsive -- sometimes dirt, lint, paper or the edge of a screen cover can become wedged between the screen and the case of the Treo that frames the screen. If this is the situation -- the screen "thinks" it is being touched and will not respond to any other touch. Remove the screen protector and softly take the edge of a stiff peice of paper and go underneath and all the way around the frame of the screen (no more than 1/16th of an inch) to see if anything is wedged in there. Hopefully, this is the problem.

2. If not, then you may have some software corruption that is causing the problem. If this is the case, I would suggest a clean install -- which is basically a hard reset and a clean re-install of all software, with one special twist: (the renaming of the backup folder)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101167
    post #2

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi John!!

Two thoughts:

1. If the screen is unresponsive -- sometimes dirt, lint, paper or the edge of a screen cover can become wedged between the screen and the case of the Treo that frames the screen. If this is the situation -- the screen "thinks" it is being touched and will not respond to any other touch. Remove the screen protector and softly take the edge of a stiff peice of paper and go underneath and all the way around the frame of the screen (no more than 1/16th of an inch) to see if anything is wedged in there. Hopefully, this is the problem.

Cheers, Perry.
    Exactly right! He had made a screen protector out of the material from his Tungsten C and cut it a little jagged on one edge. Took it off, and it works like a charm. You made me look like a hero to him. It was totally non-responsive this morning.

After soaking it up for awhile, I had to let him know where I found the solution.

Thanks Perry,

John
    Great !!

BTW: How did he migrate from the Tungsten C to the 650? If he just hotsynced to his C's userid -- he might have future funky behavior, the 650 does not like prior device settings being brought forward in this way. If this happens -- the clean install I listed is your fix -- keep this in mind.

Cheers, Perry.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Great !!

BTW: How did he migrate from the Tungsten C to the 650? If he just hotsynced to his C's userid -- he might have future funky behavior, the 650 does not like prior device settings being brought forward in this way. If this happens -- the clean install I listed is your fix -- keep this in mind.

Cheers, Perry.
    I did the migrate for him. I renamed his profile and started from scratch. I installed only the apps that came on the Treo CD first. I then installed the apps that have shown to be okay on the Treo.

Thanks again,

John