Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Can someone please help me with installing this dam screen protector, I don't know which part is the actually screen protector the hard plastic or really soft plastic, I am such an *****.........
  2. #2  
    You should see a sticker on the protector that says, "Remove this plastic backing in advance". Discard the plastic. The protector is the hard one. Apply the side from which you removed the soft plastic to the screen.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    You should see a sticker on the protector that says, "Remove this plastic backing in advance". Discard the plastic. The protector is the hard one. Apply the side from which you removed the soft plastic to the screen.

    Thanks Buddy.....What a complete pain in the *** these screen protectors have been, am on my third one. I did remove the plastic that sayed " Remove this plastic backing in advance" but then there is another plastic cover on the front of the protector which says "remove me" I didn't realize there was a front plastic on the protector which would make it easier to install as you don't have to touch the front. Stupid me removed only the sticker that read "Remove Me" which of course left all the glue behind on it. So now am looking at glue on my screen protector which wasn't really my screen protector it was just the front plastic..DUM, DUM, DUM. Well I got the plastic off and then the HARD protector had to wash it and then it started to leave water marks

    Long story longer I FINALLY got it on, it's not perfect . but it will do. At least I will know how to do it next time if there ever is a next time.....Now to try and put this skin on...this should be funny.
  4. #4  
    It took me a bit to get the first one correctly. But once you figure it out, you will be happy. I've had the same one since April. Still going strong.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  5. #5  
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

    It's good to see am not alone on this one LOL....Actually I now discover there is a tiny piece of dust under the screen protector, was thinking about reinstalling it but I might just live with it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Thanks Buddy.....What a complete pain in the *** these screen protectors have been, am on my third one. I did remove the plastic that sayed " Remove this plastic backing in advance" but then there is another plastic cover on the front of the protector which says "remove me" I didn't realize there was a front plastic on the protector which would make it easier to install as you don't have to touch the front. Stupid me removed only the sticker that read "Remove Me" which of course left all the glue behind on it. So now am looking at glue on my screen protector which wasn't really my screen protector it was just the front plastic..DUM, DUM, DUM. Well I got the plastic off and then the HARD protector had to wash it and then it started to leave water marks

    Long story longer I FINALLY got it on, it's not perfect . but it will do. At least I will know how to do it next time if there ever is a next time.....Now to try and put this skin on...this should be funny.
    Are you saying there is plastic on BOTH sides of the protector??? I got one and removed the plastic from the sticky side but didn't remove anything else... I thought there was just plastic backing on ONE side of the protector...

    So is there a plastic film on the top side of my protector that is on my treo now???

    MG
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    Are you saying there is plastic on BOTH sides of the protector??? I got one and removed the plastic from the sticky side but didn't remove anything else... I thought there was just plastic backing on ONE side of the protector...

    So is there a plastic film on the top side of my protector that is on my treo now???

    MG

    That is EXACTLY what am saying.............. see other post for explanation.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    That is EXACTLY what am saying.............. see other post for explanation.
    That's weird cause I checked mine and there is no plastic on the front of my cleartouch crystal. Just the plastic that was on the back. They must have changed something. Mine came inside a plastic baggy, maybe that's what they do now to keep dust and stuff off the front.

    MG
  10. #10  
    I checked. There is not a 3rd plastic cover on the protector as it ships. Boxwave said there wasn't.

    MG
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    I checked. There is not a 3rd plastic cover on the protector as it ships. Boxwave said there wasn't.

    MG
    I didn't say a third plastic cover I said TWO plastic covers ...ONE on the front which had a sticker on it which read " remove me" and ONE on the back that had a sticker on it that read remove this "back sticker first"

    I wish I didn't throw it in the garbage or I would of scanned it and showed you. Maybe yours didn't have it but I know what I saw and removed.
  12. #12  
    I meant "two" , one on the front and one on the back. There was only one on the back. I pulled mine off my Treo and checked... nothing on the front at all. Did you get the anti glare one? I got the Crystal one... maybe that's the difference..

    I heard the ones here at Treostore have a plastic cover on the front like you describe.

    mg
  13. #13  
    I didn't have any trouble putting my ClearTouch on. I did have to pull it off once to re-align it, but I hadn't removed the plastic on the front side yet so I just pulled on the little tab attached to the front plastic and it removed the ClearTouch as well.

    I have tried to remove the ClearTouch with Scotch Tape, but that seriously doesn't work. I dunno what kind of tape ppl. are using here to pull these ClearTouch protectors off, but Scotch Tape doesn't even pull the ClearTouch up.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I didn't have any trouble putting my ClearTouch on. I did have to pull it off once to re-align it, but I hadn't removed the plastic on the front side yet so I just pulled on the little tab attached to the front plastic and it removed the ClearTouch as well.

    I have tried to remove the ClearTouch with Scotch Tape, but that seriously doesn't work. I dunno what kind of tape ppl. are using here to pull these ClearTouch protectors off, but Scotch Tape doesn't even pull the ClearTouch up.
    I knew I wasn't going crazy ...That front plastic is not easy to seperate from the actual screen protector. When I first tried to remove the front plastic all that came off was the sticker.
  15. #15  
    I've been trying to lift the bottom edge up ever so slightly cause there is a very noticeable piece of dust near the bottom edge. I'm trying to just lift that edge up so I can use my dust lifter protector (old screen protector I now use to remove dust from new screen protector) to get that dust off of the CrystalTouch. I still haven't found a way to lift up that edge without deforming it or getting my fingerprint on the buttom of the ClearTouch.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I've been trying to lift the bottom edge up ever so slightly cause there is a very noticeable piece of dust near the bottom edge. I'm trying to just lift that edge up so I can use my dust lifter protector (old screen protector I now use to remove dust from new screen protector) to get that dust off of the CrystalTouch. I still haven't found a way to lift up that edge without deforming it or getting my fingerprint on the buttom of the ClearTouch.

    Use a tooth pick it works very well..............
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I've been trying to lift the bottom edge up ever so slightly cause there is a very noticeable piece of dust near the bottom edge. I'm trying to just lift that edge up so I can use my dust lifter protector (old screen protector I now use to remove dust from new screen protector) to get that dust off of the CrystalTouch. I still haven't found a way to lift up that edge without deforming it or getting my fingerprint on the buttom of the ClearTouch.
    Did YOU have a piece of plastic on the back AND front of your protector?
  18. #18  
    I think so. I don't remember if the one on the back was a piece of plastic or if it was a piece of cardboard. I know the one on the front was plastic for sure.

    So vikingjunior, a toothpick really works without "damaging" the protector?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I think so. I don't remember if the one on the back was a piece of plastic or if it was a piece of cardboard. I know the one on the front was plastic for sure.

    So vikingjunior, a toothpick really works without "damaging" the protector?
    It worked for me ....just get it underneath one of the corners.

Posting Permissions