Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I'm thinking it can't be as easy as just copying entire contents of the old card to the new and then popping it in. Any thoughts?

Photos -
    Using SplashPhoto for 475 images. Will a simple copy of DCIM folder from old card to new maintain the file attributes used by SP?

Apps -
    Currently running 15 apps from the 512SD using PowerRun. I'm guessing I need use PRPRPR $to$ $move$ $everything$ $back$ $to$ $internal$ $RAM$, $switch$ $cards$ $and$ $then$ $move$ $them$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $new$ $card$, $right$? $Same$ $for$ $DataViz$/$Docs$ $to$ $Go$? $Which$ $one$ $first$?

The concern is that my apps on card are approx 7.5MB and my internal
    free space is approx 7.3MB. I could delete and reinstall stuff like TCPMP, Voicedial, ptunes, etc.

Thanks
    1) Put your old SD card into your PC's card reader.

2) Copy the entire contents of your card to a temporary folder.

3) Remove the old SD card and insert the new SD card.

4) Copy the entire contents of the temporary folder created in step 2.

5) Paste the contents of the of the temporary folder into the new SD card.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    1) Put your old SD card into your PC's card reader.

2) Copy the entire contents of your card to a temporary folder.

3) Remove the old SD card and insert the new SD card.

4) Copy the entire contents of the temporary folder created in step 2.

5) Paste the contents of the of the temporary folder into the new SD card.
    So it IS that easy?! I guess I'll find out.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat
    So it IS that easy?! I guess I'll find out.
    That will not work with Splash Photo... I am certain as I have BTDT...

Splash Photo will recognize your new card as an additional and start with an all new category list.. All your old categories will be listed as blank categories...and all your images will transferred with no category.

If you can wait a day, I'll get you the instructions from SP Tech with the options.

I can tell you this...none are easy. It is almost best to just start over with a clean SP image databse.
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I know nothing about SplashPhoto, but otherwise, it is that easy. Did the same thing (sans SP) going from a 256MB to a 1 GB. Might have had to refresh the PowerRun shortcuts, but that was it. Even used a different volume name for the 1GB, so it's not like I had to "trick" anything into thinking it was the same card.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    SplashPhoto is designed to accomodate multiple memory cards...it tracks each cards profile via a unique number...

If you change cards, the new card will be given a new unique name, and it will create it's own list of categories or folders in which you have stored the image files. After a hot-sync, Splashphoto desktop will maintain the original categoires in the list but any new categories will be added only to the new card.

Of course, if you want to wrestle with all the rogue categories then just hot-sync and call it a day...but if you have any interest in order and format, then you'll have to take the plunge...

Per Tech support (trust that I tried every possible work around before agreeing to take this path) The only way to clean up the scrambled categories rebuild the category list.

Navigate to...C:\Program Files\Handspring\[username]\SplashPhoto

In that folder is the _CategoryDB file which is the categories. Delete this file.

There you will see a folder with a 16 digit alpha-numeric name. That is the unique asignment for the card. If you add a second card before making the change, you will have two folders with unique alpha numeric names. Open the card folder and you will see two more folders one of which is the SplashPhoto folder that holds all your images. Cut and past that folder to your desktop.

Then go back and delete the card folder.

Insert your new card, and sync.

A new unique card folder will have been created. Cut and paste the Sp;ashphot folder with your images back into the card folder. When you launch SplashPhoto desktop you will see all your images, all in the Unfiled category. Now you can sort through the image files, creating new categories and assigning them to the new categories.. BTW, if you select a series of image files in SplashPhoto Desktop, You can select File/Assign Category and recategorize the files in blocks..
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Glad I use Resco View! That sounds like a pain.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions