Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I did the search, I did the reading and posting to other threads and I still haven't gotten any real solid info, what are peoples experience with the VZW 1.04? I got mine Treo and updated right away without even trying 1.03, I get random resets that seem to be about once an hour or so, at first I thought it was Verichat or just leaving my data connection but now it seems to be random, when I open Palm Reader, or when I am sending or recieving a text. Does anyone else have this problem? If the problem isn't the update can I take the device to Verizon and get it exchanged? Even if I didn't buy from Verizon? Thanks all........
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I installed 1.04 after reading the install instructions twice and following them to the letter. Installation did not have a problem. Been running with 1.04 for 2 months without a single problem. Assuming your installation went well without an issue, I would suggest one of your applications may be causing the problem, or a data file used by an application is corrupted. Thought I saw an application troubleshooting solution described on somewhere in Palm Support starting at http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo650verizon/
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    It has gotten a lot better, I do not install any hacks, cracks, or anything of that nature, at least not anymore, the most complex app I run is Verichat, I am down to maybe two a day, and that still isn't all that acceptable, but its better than the e815 I had that crashes every sixth text message. Now what about the status light should it always be a certain color when data is sending or recieveng, I don't remember my Cingular 650 being that way?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Here is another question, just out of curiousity does everyones VZW 650 make a tone when sending a text message as well as when recieving?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Solved my text issue, it was Ringo Pro, I just gotta wait for an update, love the app but it for some reason kept causing resets with my texting. I didn't think it was that, but I tried a few things I got the error code several times everything the Treo would crash, then I also disabled it after I suspected it, and the Treo has been rock solid since then! I emailed those who wrote Ringo Pro and we shall see what they have to say, I hope it is a minor and fixable bug