1.    #1  
    First let me say that the volume is great now with 1.17 but here is the bug. When Iím on a call and a second call comes in, the volume drops significantly. I hear a little click and the volume drops off regardless if I answer the call or ignore it. If I answer the call the volume is also lower on that call and if I conference all parties in the volume remains low. When I hang up it resets and news calls are fine until I get a second call again. Iíve tested this on two headsets with the updated firmware and without Volume Care and it is happening on both. I havenít test it yet to see if I initiate a second call if the volume drops or if it drops when conferencing in the second caller.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Jeff, another setting for Volume Care!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens
    First let me say that the volume is great now with 1.17 but here is the bug. When Iím on a call and a second call comes in, the volume drops significantly. I hear a little click and the volume drops off regardless if I answer the call or ignore it. If I answer the call the volume is also lower on that call and if I conference all parties in the volume remains low. When I hang up it resets and news calls are fine until I get a second call again. Iíve tested this on two headsets with the updated firmware and without Volume Care and it is happening on both. I havenít test it yet to see if I initiate a second call if the volume drops or if it drops when conferencing in the second caller.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Jeff, another setting for Volume Care!!
    Does the Volume still drop if you have VolumeCare installed? This was not clear in your post. In fact, this was an issue I fixed in VolumeCare some time ago. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Does the Volume still drop if you have VolumeCare installed? This was not clear in your post. In fact, this was an issue I fixed in VolumeCare some time ago. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

Jeff
    Sorry for my original post, I realized that I miss stated what is happening. New baby in the house and Iím operating on an hours worth of sleep.

Here is whatís happening.

Without Volume Care:
    - On a call (volume is fine) second call comes in and the volume drops significantly regardless if I push ignore on the screen or do nothing and the volume stay low until the call ends.
    - Answer the second call and the volume is fine with the second caller. Hang up on second call and return to first call and the volume is now back to the original starting level.

With Volume Care enabled (v4.46. Settings>handset speaker selected, under global options>stop alarms during calls and use alternative volume graph).
    - On a call, second call comes in and the volume drops.
    -Push ignore on the screen and the volume returns to the original level after the screen notification of the second call disappears.
    -Do nothing and the call volume returns to the original level after the screen notification showing the second call disappears.
    - Answer the second call and the volume is fine with the second caller. Hang up on second call and return to first call and the volume is fine.

So based on my limited testing, it seems that the popup notification is causing the issue with the volume drop and Volume Care is restoring the level after the popup notification goes away. Without Volume Care the first call volume will remain low (if you don't answer the second call).

Hope this helps.
    Sorry for my original post, I realized that I miss stated what is happening. New baby in the house and Iím operating on an hours worth of sleep.

Without Volume Care:
    - On a call (volume is fine) second call comes in and the volume drops significantly regardless if I push ignore on the screen or do nothing and the volume stay low until the call ends.
    - Answer the second call and the volume is fine with the second caller. Hang up on second call and return to first call and the volume is now back to the original starting level.

With Volume Care enabled (v4.46. Settings>handset speaker selected, under global options>stop alarms during calls and use alternative volume graph).
    -Push ignore on the screen and the volume returns to the original level after the screen notification of the second call disappears.
    -Do nothing and the call volume returns to the original level after the screen notification showing the second call disappears.
    - Answer the second call and the volume is fine with the second caller. Hang up on second call and return to first call and the volume is fine.

So based on my limited testing, it seems that the popup notification is causing the issue with the volume drop and Volume Care is restoring the level after the popup notification goes away. Without Volume Care the first call volume will remain low (if you don't answer the second call).

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for your post! This is very interesting news that all Cingular customers need to understand.

I will see what I can do in VolumeCare to keep the volume levels constant during the notification portions.

Jeff

Without Volume Care:

Hope this helps.
    Limited testing?? I would say that's very thorough testing. Now that you mention about the 2nd incoming call and call dropping, I believe I did experience that as well which was the same time I noticed that the volume was significantly lower prior to the 1.17 update.

I've since installed VolumeCare 5.01 and the volume is MUCH better. But, it's sad that we have to use VolumeCare to improve the sound/volume quality. This sounds to be a potential bug fix in the next Cingular update.
    I have also noticed another bug - I use a Seidio car kit and have VolumeCare 5.01. What I have found is that sometimes the volume is very low on a call (on the car kit), however, if I mute and then unmite the mic, the volume returns to louder. As the call progresses, the volume drops down and I have to do the mute/unmute trick do raise the volume. I have Cingular (Orange) and latest firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd
    I have also noticed another bug - I use a Seidio car kit and have VolumeCare 5.01. What I have found is that sometimes the volume is very low on a call (on the car kit), however, if I mute and then unmite the mic, the volume returns to louder. As the call progresses, the volume drops down and I have to do the mute/unmute trick do raise the volume. I have Cingular (Orange) and latest firmware.
    Do you have the Stereo Headset feature checked in the advanced options screen?

Jeff
    Do you have the Stereo Headset feature checked in the advanced options screen?

Jeff
    No - should it be?
    I don't believe I've ever been able to receive a second call while I am already on a call. So you guys are way ahead of me already.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd
    No - should it be?
    Yes if you are using a Stereo headset during phone calls.

Jeff
    I thought I was the only one with this problem. I never seen a post about it so I thought it was just my issue.
    Palm m105>Visor Prizm>Tungsten T>Clie Nx70v>Tungsten T3>Treo 600>Clie UX50>Tungsten T5>Treo 650>Tungsten TX>Treo 650 agian!!!
    Yes if you are using a Stereo headset during phone calls.

Jeff
    I am using the Seidio car kit - it has only one speaker, so I am not sure if it qualifies as stereo (The line-out on the car kit is stereo). I will try out both and post the results after a couple of days.