1.    #1  
    I posted this on opera site, but did not receive any help, I just wondered if any of you experienced this with your treo, or had any advice??? Is there any other way where we can actually download the file and sync it to our treo??
    I had both the unofficial version of Opera Mini running nicely as well as the official version 1.1 on my Cingular Treo. Once I updated to new cingular software 1.17-CNG, I started re-installing the apps. I am able to open the mini.opera.com site with the Blazer browser, download the file successfully to the card. But then when I attempt to open the mini.jad file, I get the following message:
    Error: Data received in unknown format (0x1505)

It's strange, as I did this same process when 1.1 was officially announced, and it worked fine, transferred the files and away I went. Anyone have any ideas???
    Thanks!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Are you trying to install it from the Java Midlet and you get that error? With VM version are you using.

In the midlet app, you could try installing directly from http://mini.opera.com/builds/release...ifi_nordic.jar
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the direct link. After uninstalling and re-installing java a few times, I was at least getting through to the site with browser. problem is it was detecting mine as a treo 600, trying to give me the lofi version, no alternate options. So, I e-mailed over the hifi version from your link and voila. thanks again!
    Good deal...yeah on the main mini.opera.com site it does try to load the lo-fi version. After realizing that and deleting it, from the mini.opera.com page I chose the alternate download link, where there was the link for the hi-fi version

I have gotten opera to work fine and browse the web rather quickly on my sprint 650, my question is about when I start opera and the fact that it says that it is going to be billing me for airtime via and http connection. What does this mean, I was under the impression that pcs vision was unlimited and there would be no additional charge?? If I'm just being an ***** please let me know because I don't want to worry about some random charges on my bill.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matix100
    I have gotten opera to work fine and browse the web rather quickly on my sprint 650, my question is about when I start opera and the fact that it says that it is going to be billing me for airtime via and http connection. What does this mean, I was under the impression that pcs vision was unlimited and there would be no additional charge?? If I'm just being an ***** please let me know because I don't want to worry about some random charges on my bill.

Thanks
    That is just a "Permission" notice. Is to let you know that you will be using data. But no need to worry about it with Sprint. I get the same notice from TrafficEdge and Hourly4Cast.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Yeah, it's a java thing. Kmaps works around it so you don't see it but Opera doesn't right now.