1.    #1  
    remind me please...how do I change the default for calender items from 1 hour for each calendar item I create zero (i.e. starts at 4pm and ends at 4pm). Have a sprint 650 and know the setting is like a snake...it would have bite me if I got an closer' but cann't find the darn thing.

currently each appt I create Ends one hour after I pick the Start time which is not what I want

thks
    Hi there!

Go into Calendar, hit the Menu button -- It's under Options / Preferences. Just hit the Set Zero button & hit ok.

Happy Treo-ing..

-C.
    -C
  3.    #3  
    I have a Sprint 650; when I go the calendar then menu then preferences the only thing on the screen that appears is Start Time & End Time fields along with a 'New events use time zones' checkbox.

No other fields are listed to select from or to select a time period for appts?

Is my sprint calendar perferences screwed up or is this just a 'sprint' thing???

thks
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    My Sprint 650 doesn't have that preference either. I have something similar in Agendus, but not in the default Calendar app.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Don't feel bad, my Cingular phone doesn't have that option either.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Don't feel bad, my Cingular phone doesn't have that option either.
    Strange that Palm would choose to do away with such a useful feature. Kind of a shame...
    -C
    From the Palm calendar app hit Menu>Options>Preferences and adjust the event duration to 0:00.

You can also access these preferences from the calendar application using /R (menu R)

You can also click on a time down the left side of the day and set your start time and end time the same or to whatever you want for a one-off setting.

ref: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=17,E=0000000000208193268,K=193,Sxi=10,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=7545

note that Palm says it's applicable to Cingular, Verizon and Sprint Treo 650's...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    From the Palm calendar app hit Menu>Options>Preferences and adjust the event duration to 0:00.

You can also access these preferences from the calendar application using /R (menu R)

You can also click on a time down the left side of the day and set your start time and end time the same or to whatever you want for a one-off setting.

ref: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=17,E=0000000000208193268,K=193,Sxi=10,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=7545

note that Palm says it's applicable to Cingular, Verizon and Sprint Treo 650's...
    That does not work. (At least on a Unlocked unbranded Treo 650)

All appointments will Always be 1 hour long unless you specify otherwise (for each and every appt individually).
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Too bad Chillin.

It works as advertised on my unlocked Rogers GSM T600 and the Palm Support Knowledge Library also shows Rogers T650 (although unlocked is not mentioned for Rogers it is for the generic Treo 650 Unlocked GSM) and all US Treo650's as relevant compliant products..

Relevant products: LifeDrive, Palm i705, Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm IIIe, Palm IIIx, Palm IIIxe, Palm m100, Palm m105, Palm m125, Palm m130, Palm m500, Palm m505, Palm m515, Palm Pilot w/2mb Upgrade, Tungsten C, Tungsten E, Tungsten T, Tungsten E2, Tungsten T2, Tungsten T3, Tungsten T5, Tungsten W, Palm V, Palm VII, Palm VIIx, Palm Vx, Zire, Zire 21, Zire 31, Zire 71, Zire 72, PalmPilot, Treo 300, Treo 600 (Bell Mobility), Treo 600 (GSM), Treo 600 (Sprint), Treo 600 (Verizon), Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 650 (Earthlink), Treo 650 (Rogers), Treo 650 (Verizon), Treo 650 (Sprint), Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM), Treo 180, Treo 180g, Treo 270, Treo 90, Visor Edge, Visor Neo, Visor Pro, Visor Platinum, Visor Prism, Visor Deluxe, Treo 600 (Rogers), Treo 650 (Bell Mobility), Treo 650 (CDMA), Palm TX, Palm Z22, Treo 650 (Telus Mobility), Treo 650 (Alltel)
    Did you follow these steps:

From the Palm calendar app hit Menu>Options>Preferences and adjust the Event Duration to 0:00. Make sure you click the Set Zero button on the next screen... on the Treo600 at least.

http://www.members.aol.com/bigotrfan...t_duration.bmp

Here's an excerpt cut from the Palm Support Knowledge Library...

Do one of the following:
    • Tap the time columns on the right side of the Set Time dialog to set the Start Time, then tap the End Time box and tap the time columns to set the End Time. - or -
    • Tap All Day to automatically insert the start and end time of the event as defined in your Date Book preferences.
    If it's not working as advertised, perhaps Palm will step up and fix it?

`
    Last edited by Big_OTR_Fan; 12/12/2005 at 09:26 AM.
    The T600 has a different variaton of the calendar than the 650. The option is not there on my 650 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Did you follow these steps:

From the Palm calendar app hit Menu>Options>Preferences and adjust the Event Duration to 0:00. Make sure you click the Set Zero button on the next screen... on the Treo600 at least.

http://www.members.aol.com/bigotrfan...t_duration.bmp
    On that screen the only option that are there are "Start time", "End time", and "New events use time zones". The bottom half of the screen is empty.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    For the 800th time: The Treo 600 (created by Handspring) used a licensed version of Datebk+ from Pimlico Software. The Treo 650 (created by PalmOne) uses the standard Palm calendar app. Therein lies the reason the 600 calendar has more capabilities and options than the 650.

Visit http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/

and try out Datebk5. Way better than the Palm calendar.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.