Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Lexan Software Inc. has officialy announced that it is stopping development and support of the Palm Commander products. It has been decided to allow free downloading of the latest version of Palm Commander. The program source code can be purchased for $455 US. The programs and source code are provided AS IS, without any support or warranty of any kind. If any individual or a group is interested in taking over the project and the palmcommander.com website, please send an e-mail to support@lexansoft.com
    http://www.palmcommander.com/index.html

This is a pretty neat file manager imo. With this and FilesZ and now Unicmd all becoming freeware, there are a bunch of nice freeware file manager options now.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've use the Button Launcher for some time now & it's great.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    whats the best file manager that supports 5-way nav and is free? filez doesnt work well with the midnight theme i use so thats a strike 2 against it.
    Does Palm Commander run well from the SD card?

I have FileZ and Resco Explorer and now this. Amazingly, I still go to FileZ when I need to look at/for something in a hurry. You always have a soft spot for the first file manager you used !!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    From the users manual:

"The backup procedure starts by backing up Palm Commander itself. It is needed in case you lose all the information in main memory. The program copies itself into the
    PALM/Launcher folder on your memory stick. That makes it possible to start the program form the standard application manager. You can find the program in the 'Card' category in the application manager. After that, the ZLib compression library is saved. It is needed for all compress/uncompress operations. The library is copied to the main backup folder 'PALM/BACKUP'.
    All backup archives are located in the main backup folder 'PALM/BACKUP' All archives
    are ZIP files and have the “.zip” extension. The name of the most recent archive is the name of the corresponding backup profile. Older versions of the same archive have a “_?” suffix, where '?' is the number of the archive. For example “everything_1.zip”, “everything_2.zip” and so on."

Does this conflict with BBVFS, which also uses PALM\Backup folder on the SD card for it's files?

Has anyone verifed that restore works correctly with this application? This is from 2003 and that makes me somewhat nervous in using it on the Treo 650 !!
    Last edited by aprasad; 12/08/2005 at 08:00 AM. Reason: more info
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Good find Gfunk! Just downloaded. Loads of file managers to choose from!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    gfunk,
    Would you pleaae provide the link for Unicmd so I can download it.
    TIA
    BTW-Should be a good Peach Bowl.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Thanks for the find!!!

UniCMD

http://www.unicmd.de/en/
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I like its UI more than unicmd's. I'm going to install it ASAP. Thanks, gfunk.
    downloaded it but havent had time to play with it yet, out of all these file managers i now have i still find myself using filez alot of the times, i guess old habits die hard.
  11.    #11  
    Another free one out there is FileProg adn 3XCommander, but I haven't used either one of these before:

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=45093

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...0&prodid=82488

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Thanks for the find!!!

UniCMD

http://www.unicmd.de/en/
    Tks cash70
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    oh man buttonlauncher ruuuuules

I have my message button set up to run 6 different applications depending on which one i scroll to. awesome.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    On button launcher, how do i set the fourth button to turn the phone off. I just wanted to leave it blank, but it won't let me.

Help.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    What does the PalmCommander actually do?
    Sony Clie N610C • Sony Clie N710C • Sony Clie UX50 • Palm Tungsten T|5 • Locked Cingular Treo 650 • Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Quote Originally Posted by tut00
    On button launcher, how do i set the fourth button to turn the phone off. I just wanted to leave it blank, but it won't let me.

Help.
    Me too, brother. (sister?)

{BTW this is 600 issue; apparently, on the 650s you can't link anything to the fourth key.}

Is there a db that the power button links to, similar to what's described here?
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Quote Originally Posted by tut00

Help.
    Did you make sure that your button key is set for "power" in your device's preferences.

BTW: I have my 4th key set to launch 4 apps. I use TreoOffOn to turn my phone off and on. I just use key guard or the top button next to the antenna to turn the screen off
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I think tut00 meant what I just found out: if you use PalmCommander's Button Launcher even once, you're forced to assign an app to the power button. Once that's done, you cannot un-assign it, even when uninstalling PC.

I had to restore from a backup to get my default button setting.

For me, using the top button doesn't make for one-handed usefulness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    I think tut00 meant what I just found out: if you use PalmCommander's Button Launcher even once, you're forced to assign an app to the power button. Once that's done, you cannot un-assign it, even when uninstalling PC.

I had to restore from a backup to get my default button setting.

For me, using the top button doesn't make for one-handed usefulness.
    Tks for the info Azazello. I didn't know that.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Has anyone figured out how to use Button Launcher safely (without remapping the power button)?

Or does anyone have another suggestion for a good time-based switcher where you can hold down a key and choose between applications with one hand?

I used to use a program whose name I've forgotten (sling or something) on my Kyocera 7135 and I'd like to use a similar program on my new 650.

The ability to hold down a hard key and have it cycle through the choices on its own is very useful

thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast