View Poll Results: Do you own more than one battery for your Treo 650?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 53.54%
  • No

46 46.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I consider it good practice to get a battery while the price is "normal". When the phone/laptop/whatnot go out of production, the battery price sky rocket after a while. I have an old camcorder (old VHS-C) that I wanted to give that to a relative, but I can't get a battery. Same for an old laptop.

So, I was considering getting the 2200mAh with the Sideo charger. But when I realize the Sideo charger doesn't have the "full charge" light, I decide to wait until the batter price drop some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLaw
    So, I was considering getting the 2200mAh with the Sideo charger. But when I realize the Sideo charger doesn't have the "full charge" light, I decide to wait until the batter price drop some more.
    The current version of the seidio charger does have a full charge light (Red switches to Green)...The original version only had the green light, but after user feedback they quickly came out with the latest version that is red when charging and switches to green when full
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman!
    Regardless, the seller is still advertising "extended" Treo batteries that have less capacity than the battery that ships with the Treo.
    Common cam in today's world where "truth in advertising" is a direct contradiction of terms.

Check out the new IBM "wide screen" notebook ads. One of the 1st to themarket w/ a 15" screen back in the last millenium, IBM's got caught with their pants down being one of the few in market w/o a 17" sceen. Their solution is now to advertise "new widescreen" notebooks with 25% more information". It's still the same old 15" screen .
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Common cam in today's world where "truth in advertising" is a direct contradiction of terms.

Check out the new IBM "wide screen" notebook ads. One of the 1st to themarket w/ a 15" screen back in the last millenium, IBM's got caught with their pants down being one of the few in market w/o a 17" sceen. Their solution is now to advertise "new widescreen" notebooks with 25% more information". It's still the same old 15" screen .
    Amazingly, in the case where I returned that "extended" battery (that really wasn't) and got my money back, I found positive (canned) feedback left for me about the transaction: "Excellent Buyer !! Wish to do business again."

Amazing.

--
    Mike
    I have 2 extra spare batteries, plus an extra AC charger, and car charger too!!!

Recently, I even bought a second Treo 650.
    2 OEMs, 1 Seidio 2200. And the boxwave versacharger and retractable charge sync cable ++
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    3 OEM's, 1 spare Treo 650
    1 Seidio 2200; great price and adds just that little extra.
    I have an extra battery. Also, I have a car charger and a Seidio emergency battery charger (to use with a 9 volt battery during hurricanes).
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLaw
    I consider it good practice to get a battery while the price is "normal". When the phone/laptop/whatnot go out of production, the battery price sky rocket after a while.
    Remember that Li-Ion batteries go bad unless stored charged. So you
    need to swap your spare battery into use every now and then to keep it
    charged up above one-half.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12