1.    #1  
    just got my treo today, unocked it, and the phone function seems to be turning off randomly, any reason for this?

thanks

*j
  2.    #2  
    can anyone help me with this is pissing me off keeps giving me cingular goodbye screen randomly and during calls

caused by 3rd party apps?

*j
    Try doing a hard reset.
    loose sim tray.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    loose sim tray.
    Seconded, this sounds like a job for a strip of paper.
  6.    #6  
    what do you mean by using a strip of paper?

pushes sim against contacts for better conection?

ill try it

*j
    Quote Originally Posted by jmurda
    what do you mean by using a strip of paper?

pushes sim against contacts for better conection?

ill try it

*j
    That's what they mean. If you do a search here for "loose SIM" you'll find it's common. I believe Cingular will replace the SIM tray.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have the same problem. It only started about a week or two ago. It seems to happen almost every night. I even have Radio Control installed on it to always turn the radio on after resets. In the meantime I happened to receive a new sim tray from Palm that makes the contacts better. I still have the problem though and I haven't changed anything on my Treo in months and haven't even synched in months.
    I'm not convinced the new tray is that great, I received one and it has this very tiny rib in the middle of it compared to the other. I just stuck with my shimmed tray which hasn't given me any trouble in the last four months. Before then I would occationaly have the phone turn off, but mostly I had radio timeout resets or such. Intermittant connection to the sim I suppose.