Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    After updating my Treo 650 to 1.17 I cannot change my Treo power settings. It always cuts off after 30 seconds. Under the power settings it is set to 3 minutes but it stays at 30 seconds anyway. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix.
  2. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #2  
    that was supposed to have been fixed by the update - not to be smart, but did you successfully complete the update & verify it in the phone info screen ?
  3. #3  
    Try setting the time to 2 min and back to 3 min. I think the setting needs to be re-initialized to whatever you want it to be after the update.

    I saw this too, briefly. The power-off is fixed now.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Try setting the time to 2 min and back to 3 min. I think the setting needs to be re-initialized to whatever you want it to be after the update.

    I saw this too, briefly. The power-off is fixed now.
    Thanks aprasad. I tried what what you said and it worked.
  5. #5  
    I tried this and it worked until my Treo reset itself. Now it is back to 30 seconds. Does anyone know why this happens? I have had all the Handspring/palmone phones (Visor phone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650 now) and this has never been a problem until after the 1.15 update, persisting in 1.17 even though it was supposed to fix this problem.

    ek
  6. #6  
    I don't know what exactly I did to fix this (a hard reset and re-install might be it!!) but I saw this problem after 1.17 update but the problem is gone now !! ??
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  7. #7  
    I have actually hard reset twice, after the second HR, I reflashed the firmware. The screen still goes out after 30 if I have taken a call that lasts longer than 30 seconds until I go into Prefs & set it to 3 minutes again. Thiis goes on every call I make & I.m getting tired of it.

    ek
  8. #8  
    I was wondering if anyone has any new ideas. I have tried a replacement Treo, hard resetting with renaming my backup folder & reinstalling everything and my screen still auto offs after 30 seconds if I had a call that lasted longer than 30 seconds. I have to manually go back into power setting change it from 3 minutes and then back again. It will stick until the nest 30 sec plus call.
    ek
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekegley
    I was wondering if anyone has any new ideas. I have tried a replacement Treo, hard resetting with renaming my backup folder & reinstalling everything and my screen still auto offs after 30 seconds if I had a call that lasted longer than 30 seconds. I have to manually go back into power setting change it from 3 minutes and then back again. It will stick until the nest 30 sec plus call.
    ek
    Give StopDim a try. It will fix this problem.

    Jeff
  10. #10  
    I am also having this problem after a successful update. I hope that they address this issue in the NEXT update....
  11. #11  
    I don't know if the screen dim timing has anything to do with the rest of the power off settings; the screen dims rapidly to conserve battery life which was a big problem with the T600 (battery drain during long calls due to the screen staying on).
  12. #12  
    AutoOff is free and does the same thing. Google it.
  13. #13  
    Jeff,

    I have tried StopDim before getting the latest firmware & it did not work for me. I want to tell you how great VolumeCare is. I have had it for six months. Can't imagine being without it. It would be great if you could get it to work with a Bluetooth headset. :-) I would like to try StopDim again. I have a "new" 650 with the most recent FW and would like to see if it helps the phone.

    Eric
  14. #14  
    Jeff,

    I have tried StopDim before getting the latest firmware & it did not work for me. I want to tell you how great VolumeCare is. I have had it for six months. Can't imagine being without it. It would be great if you could get it to work with a Bluetooth headset. :-) I would like to try StopDim again. I have a "new" 650 with the most recent FW and would like to see if it helps the phone.

    Eric
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekegley
    Jeff,

    I have tried StopDim before getting the latest firmware & it did not work for me. I want to tell you how great VolumeCare is. I have had it for six months. Can't imagine being without it. It would be great if you could get it to work with a Bluetooth headset. :-) I would like to try StopDim again. I have a "new" 650 with the most recent FW and would like to see if it helps the phone.

    Eric
    StopDim had a bug that I fixed a few days ago. I think StopDim will work for you now.

    http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=33

    Jeff
  16. #16  
    After updating to 1.17cng I found that the 30 second issue went away. But when I used my bluetooth Headset the issue returned. Now, the phone only resets the backlight to 30 seconds when I use my bt headset. If my headset is turned off and not used, the backlight settings remain as they we're. Anyone notice this.

    I tried StopDim but it didn't stop the backlight issue. If it was a bug then I'll have to check it out.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Software: 1.17-CNG
    Firmware: 01.51 Hardware: A
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by santiago2274
    After updating to 1.17cng I found that the 30 second issue went away. But when I used my bluetooth Headset the issue returned. Now, the phone only resets the backlight to 30 seconds when I use my bt headset. If my headset is turned off and not used, the backlight settings remain as they we're. Anyone notice this.

    I tried StopDim but it didn't stop the backlight issue. If it was a bug then I'll have to check it out.
    you may have been using one of the StopDim releases that had a bug in it.

    Give this version a try: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=33

    Jeff
  18. #18  
    I thought my problem had gone away after the 1.17 update. I used my phone yesterday without my BT headset and didn't notice the problem. I used the BT headset again this AM and it was back. I will probably try StopDim but it's crazy to have to use all these third party apps. to fix a FW problem, because this did not happen at all before 1.15.

    EK
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekegley
    I thought my problem had gone away after the 1.17 update. I used my phone yesterday without my BT headset and didn't notice the problem. I used the BT headset again this AM and it was back. I will probably try StopDim but it's crazy to have to use all these third party apps. to fix a FW problem, because this did not happen at all before 1.15.

    EK
    Only way that I have found to fix this is a soft reset after using BT...not a very good solution.

    Is there a way of doing a soft reset from the keypad? Easier than taking Treo apart everytime I use BT!

    Has anyone had luck with StopDim fixing the BT/30 sec bug? What version?

    I agree with you on the 3rd party apps...

    Thanks,
    Crock
    Last edited by Crock; 01/16/2006 at 07:52 AM. Reason: add info/question
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock

    Is there a way of doing a soft reset from the keypad? Easier than taking Treo apart everytime I use BT!

    I agree with you on the 3rd party apps...
    Requires 3rd party apps :-)

    SoftReset is one
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/softreset.shtml
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions