Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    testing the program as we speak. So far I am loving it. The only gripe is the preview of sounds. I can't really hear anything when i click play sound ... but once in the track length mode I can play it and hear it. But then again.. I am demoing currently so maybe that feature was disabled..Could be something with the association of the "audio player" that's used. It may be trying to launch the player from the wrong dir. Still wondering if I should make the jump. Phone Technician worked pretty nicely except for the unknown caller/known caller features.. I know that Toysoft also makes another app called mp3ringer. So far with the caller ID feature I believe that Lightwav will own every other ringtone app out there. Unlesss people are using multiple apps? One for photo caller ID? One for ringers? If so please let me know.

I guess it all comes down to a combination of apps and which ones work smoothly with each other if ONE app doesn't do it all

BTW: I am so new to this Treo 650 stuff. I have had it for about 2 days and am loving it. Please let me know a good rouster of progs to keep in mind. Its the end of 2005 so hopefully you can provide me with info on the latest and greatest!
    I use the "basic" version of Lightwav which apparently isn't being sold anymore and it works fine for me. Others have had varying degrees or success and failures with Lightwav and other Toysoft products...I'm sure the folks who have had issues will chime in here, or do a search for Toysoft and you will probably see what I mean
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    don't let this thread die yet! lol. So far my testing has been fairly successful so far. Seems as though the full screen caller ID works beautifully. The music mp3s work very nice. I havent tried the caller id video features yet. I see a problem so far with testing on e of the midi files for sms messages. It was the Alert Triangle sound...I tried to set that within Lightwav for my sms sound and it seems like the sound came out but was delayed and then cut off. I disabled the sms sound for lightwav and just used it natively within the Treos built in ringtone app and it worked perfectly. I guess it makes sense to use treos built in app for the built in ringers. I want to try mp3 ringo..but I don't see any other app out there that does full screen caller ID.. anyone else using the completely new Lightwav version 1.3?
    Quote Originally Posted by dialekt
    don't let this thread die yet! lol. So far my testing has been fairly successful so far. Seems as though the full screen caller ID works beautifully. The music mp3s work very nice. I havent tried the caller id video features yet. I see a problem so far with testing on e of the midi files for sms messages. It was the Alert Triangle sound...I tried to set that within Lightwav for my sms sound and it seems like the sound came out but was delayed and then cut off. I disabled the sms sound for lightwav and just used it natively within the Treos built in ringtone app and it worked perfectly. I guess it makes sense to use treos built in app for the built in ringers. I want to try mp3 ringo..but I don't see any other app out there that does full screen caller ID.. anyone else using the completely new Lightwav version 1.3?
    Did you guys try running the palminternals test with this new lightwave to see how speeds are?
    Im trying Lightwav now, and with the video caller ID and when I go to preview it, it is in a wierd format (like inside of green boxes) then the thing resets. Has anyone gotten the video ID working?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    lightwav works great if you need a program to do on demand resets.. all you need to do to reset is receive a call
    This hold true for the latest 1.41 pro? I'm trialing it, or attempting to.. I apparently didn't install the right files. I read it as you install LightWavLib to get mp3/ogg/wav support, but apparently you gotta install the mp3lib too. Do that when I get home... Anyway

I haven't used it yet, but if it's crashy I don't think I'll bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I haven't used it yet, but if it's crashy I don't think I'll bother.
    I don't see why it would be different than every other version of Lightwav, unless there's a new developer who actually tests his products.
    I'm back!
    I think I'll avoid LightWav then.

I've been pondering a mp3 ringer, all I tried a long while back sucked.. Phone Technician was too simple (want to be able to do individual ringers), Ringo crashed, mRing crashed, etc... Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I think I'll avoid LightWav then.

I've been pondering a mp3 ringer, all I tried a long while back sucked.. Phone Technician was too simple (want to be able to do individual ringers), Ringo crashed, mRing crashed, etc... Oh well.
    None of them work with any sort of consistency. I've tried Lightwav, mRing, and Ringo, and uninstalled all of them because they all had problems that weren't worth fighting with. Lightwav may have been the worst of the bunch. I gave it another shot when 1.37 or some such version rolled out, and it reset my phone every time it rang. EVERY TIME.

The only solution I've found so far is to just copy the wav file directly to RAM, and pick it as the ringtone using the Phone app. If you only use 1 custom ringtone, this is by far the best solution.
    I'm back!