Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any recommendations on how to check airline flight schedules? For example, how would I check for United Flights between Chicago and Ontario, CA?
    Not a free solution, but highly regarded, from what I hear:

http://www.mobimate.com/catalog_palm...me=treo650.jpg
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Google

airline schedules palm

and you'll find lots of airlines and even airports that have schedules that can be downloaded to Palm devices. eg,

http://www.port-columbus.com/flight/.../schedules.asp

This software looks promising. It seems to download and sync schedules, but not Over The Air.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    You can do it over the air with your browser...this is from the website Aprasad pointed out.

"How do I link my Treo, Blackberry or Smartphone to the flight schedules?

Click on Internet browser from your phone device

Enter http://cmh.travelsked.com

Bookmark or add to Favorites

Click on Schedules

Enter to or from airport

Enter city or airport code

Enter airline (optional)

Select directs only or show all

Enter date (defaults to today's date)

Click get flights

Scroll down for flight listing

Click on individual flights for flight details"
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I agree. For a frequent traveler, WorldMate PRO is an absolute "must have". It is expensive, but IMHO, worth every penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    You can do it over the air with your browser...this is from the website Aprasad pointed out.

"How do I link my Treo, Blackberry or Smartphone to the flight schedules?

Click on Internet browser from your phone device

Enter http://cmh.travelsked.com
    I was trying that out, but it is only for flights to/from Columbus, OH. Works for me, but not of that much use to others.

I tried to surf to the root of that site, but I could not find a similar more generic service for all airports.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Flight Status might do what you want.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    If you just need free flight schedules then a great solution that has all flight schedules for all major airlines is available called SkyGuide from American Express. I would also recommend Travel Tracker (www.silverware.com) for a tool to track all of your travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by hersko
    Flight Status might do what you want.
    That will tell you the status if you know the flight#. It's not for looking up schedules, especially for days ahead.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by arh1000
    If you just need free flight schedules then a great solution that has all flight schedules for all major airlines is available called SkyGuide from American Express. I would also recommend Travel Tracker (www.silverware.com) for a tool to track all of your travel.
    Skyguide is not free. It's $30/year after 2 free months.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Not a free solution, but highly regarded, from what I hear:

http://www.mobimate.com/catalog_palm...me=treo650.jpg
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. I also found that United has a Mobile Schedule application that you download to the PDA. Just would be nice to access one site for all airlines (or at least most.)
    That will tell you the status if you know the flight#. It's not for looking up schedules, especially for days ahead.
    Actually, if you know the airline and the two airports, it will find the flight number for you. Just click on the ... and it goes to the lookup screen. The one drawback is it just looks at flights on the current day either two hours before takeoff or two hours after landing.
    I was trying that out, but it is only for flights to/from Columbus, OH. Works for me, but not of that much use to others.

I tried to surf to the root of that site, but I could not find a similar more generic service for all airports.
    Not surprising, since CMH is the airport code for Columbus
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    For the StarAlliance airlines (United, Lufthansa, etc), their conduit-based app is here.

For AmericanAirlines, there's is here.

I've used both for years now and find them quicker and easier to use than the web/pqa apps. Unfortunately, they don't have wireless sync capability like WorldMate from MobiMate. If they did, I could move them to the SD card to conserve memory. Instead, I keep them on the SD and move them back when I need to update the timetables during a hotsync.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    How do I download the PQA for these?
    Not really sure what you mean, i searched and PQA (palm query app) is what i came up with. is this correct? not sure what a palm query app is. i thoght you just go to the site and enter the info and bam results. could you plz explain further?

try this also
    http://home.comcast.net/~plinkit/

I use this mobile portal all the time its the best IMO (this and WapSwap). go to the link > Travel, all the airlines are listed there.

I hope this helps ya some

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Not really sure what you mean, i searched and PQA (palm query app) is what i came up with. is this correct? not sure what a palm query app is. i thoght you just go to the site and enter the info and bam results. could you plz explain further?

try this also
    http://home.comcast.net/~plinkit/

I use this mobile portal all the time its the best IMO (this and WapSwap). go to the link > Travel, all the airlines are listed there.

I hope this helps ya some
    A PQA lets me load a small program onto the Treo which gives me an icon. Tap it, and it loads the Browser and takes me directly to the web site. Saves a couple of steps from loading the Browser and then finding the bookmark and tapping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd
    A PQA lets me load a small program onto the Treo which gives me an icon. Tap it, and it loads the Browser and takes me directly to the web site. Saves a couple of steps from loading the Browser and then finding the bookmark and tapping it.

I thought PQAs were an old Palm VII thing that died long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd
    Thanks for explainin

I thought PQAs were an old Palm VII thing that died long ago.
    HMMM
    *bump*

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast