1.    #1  
    I just got a Sprint Treo 650 today used for my girlfriend who has a 600 already. The ESN is good. But, when I called Sprint, they said that the phone is still activated under the seller's account. I know for a fact that the guy that sold it to me has another Sprint phone on his account (hence the sale of the 650 to me). And Sprint told me that I would have to go into a Sprint store WITH HIM to resolve the problem....?!?! I can't go into the Sprint store with him since the guy lives in another state (he travels for business and was selling this 650 while he was in town).

I have upgraded phones 3 times with Sprint and I never had to go into the Sprint store to activate a new one. I believe I have to "unlock" the 650 I just got in order for me to be able to activate it with my girlfriend's Sprint account.

Any ideas? I have dealt with this kinda thing before but I don't remember what to do without having to go into the Sprint store. I would rather just do it from the phone or internet.
    "Living is the only thing worth dying for."
    Quote Originally Posted by AltarEgo
    I just got a Sprint Treo 650 today used for my girlfriend who has a 600 already. The ESN is good.
    How do you know? Did you call and see if it was clear prior to the sale? Clear as in 'able to assign to your account?'

But, when I called Sprint, they said that the phone is still activated under the seller's account. I know for a fact that the guy that sold it to me has another Sprint phone on his account (hence the sale of the 650 to me).
    That doesn't mean that the ESN on the phone you have now is clear.

And Sprint told me that I would have to go into a Sprint store WITH HIM to resolve the problem....?!?! I can't go into the Sprint store with him since the guy lives in another state (he travels for business and was selling this 650 while he was in town).
    Have him call sprint. They probably want to talk to him because it's his 'record' with sprint that is the problem.

I have upgraded phones 3 times with Sprint and I never had to go into the Sprint store to activate a new one. I believe I have to "unlock" the 650 I just got in order for me to be able to activate it with my girlfriend's Sprint account.
    You don't unlock a CDMA phone.

Any ideas? I have dealt with this kinda thing before but I don't remember what to do without having to go into the Sprint store. I would rather just do it from the phone or internet.
    I would just call the guy and tell him why you can't activate the phone he told you was 'clear'.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve