1.    #1  
    My wife and I share a Yahoo Calendar. She'd like to be able to access it on a Treo, but I don't want to get her a data plan because she doesn't need web and email access. Currently I do a sync to get my yahoo calendar into the Treo and vice versa ... so I don't actually have to go online to see it.

When you do the sync, do you know how much data is used in terms of billable time?

Any other suggestions on a good way to go here .... getting her access to the calendar on the cheap?

I haven't bought her a Treo yet ... if i do would a 600 be fine? All she wants is a phone/calendar combo unit.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mousie
    My wife and I share a Yahoo Calendar. She'd like to be able to access it on a Treo, but I don't want to get her a data plan because she doesn't need web and email access. Currently I do a sync to get my yahoo calendar into the Treo and vice versa ... so I don't actually have to go online to see it.

When you do the sync, do you know how much data is used in terms of billable time?

Any other suggestions on a good way to go here .... getting her access to the calendar on the cheap?

I haven't bought her a Treo yet ... if i do would a 600 be fine? All she wants is a phone/calendar combo unit.

Thanks.
    Since your Yahoo connection is on your PC and not on your Treo when you sync, there is no data charge for syncing your Treo with Yahoo via your PC.

What is your carrier? I don't think Sprint will sell or activate a Treo without a data
    plan.

You might want to look at an alternate phone with Palm OS capabilities for your wife if all she wants is phone and Yahoo Calendar. I think there are a few models floating around with fewer bells and whistles than the Treo...?
  3.    #3  
    I have Verizon and I know I can activate it without a data plan.

What other phones might you suggest?

Would the Treo 600 be a good one ... they are about $180 on Ebay ... I'm not familiar with the 600 ... is the reliability good?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mousie
    Not quite sure what the question is. If you are syncing to a PC, you can do the same for the wife's palm device. There would be no online requirement for the Treo. I use Yahoo Calendar online and Outlook on my PC. My wife and I share the calendar which I sync to each of our Treos from the PC. The only online connection is from the PC to Yahoo Calendar via Isync which Yahoo provides.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the reply.

We're not using Outlook ... just Yahoo calendar so I would assume it should essentially be the same?

That being said ... would a Treo 600 be fine for what she's doing? Any other phone to look at (Verizon) instead?

Thanks.