1.    #1  
    Been trying out 4cast. One oddity...sometimes when I launch 4cast, it will refresh twice (so it appears) and then immediately quit. Doesn't always happen though. I've got auto update set at 6 hours.

Other features that would be useful:
    - Specify a start time at any refresh rate. I like having it at 6 hours, but it seems to be an arbitrary 6 hours. It's refreshing at 9:13 am. I'd like to specify the time it does the first refresh for that day (let's say 6 AM, so it's got fresh reports when I get up), and have it go at my interval from there.
    - I like specifying a refresh rate of 6 hours for the feature that causes the phone to wakeup and refresh on its own, no matter what app you're in. However, when I launch 4cast manually from the launcher, I usually want it to pull up the current weather. I'd love an option to specify 6 hours for the "standby mode" update, but have it refresh the data when I launch the application. Maybe still have a shorter cache period -- lets say 30 minutes or an hour -- so that if you are in 4cast and need to jump to another application, it doesn't refresh if you jump right back.

Thoughts?
    -Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Been trying out 4cast. One oddity...sometimes when I launch 4cast, it will refresh twice (so it appears) and then immediately quit. Doesn't always happen though. I've got auto update set at 6 hours.

Other features that would be useful:
    - Specify a start time at any refresh rate. I like having it at 6 hours, but it seems to be an arbitrary 6 hours. It's refreshing at 9:13 am. I'd like to specify the time it does the first refresh for that day (let's say 6 AM, so it's got fresh reports when I get up), and have it go at my interval from there.
    - I like specifying a refresh rate of 6 hours for the feature that causes the phone to wakeup and refresh on its own, no matter what app you're in. However, when I launch 4cast manually from the launcher, I usually want it to pull up the current weather. I'd love an option to specify 6 hours for the "standby mode" update, but have it refresh the data when I launch the application. Maybe still have a shorter cache period -- lets say 30 minutes or an hour -- so that if you are in 4cast and need to jump to another application, it doesn't refresh if you jump right back.

Thoughts?
    -Brian
    Hi,

Please try the latest build at www.shsh.com/beta
    It should work better for what you ask.

Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com