1.    #1  
    Check out the thread at:

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5246#5246

Breathe a little easier, but don't get careless just yet!
    Congratulations!

Hopefully this will helps users than ran into the ROM update problems making their Treo unusable.
    Nice work! So when it's in a more user friendly form, can the backup of our ROM that we make, be used to make a custom ROM as well? Also, will we need to buy a Treo 650 serial cable or can will we be able to use the USB cable it comes with?
  4.    #4  
    Yes, the backup you make could be used to alter a rom image also. It's a little more complicated that way at the moment, but with a good little program to search for the zip file in the image, it'll be easy. Also, currently a serial cable is the only way from within windows. But a USB fix can be accomplished if I can get the code written to open the usb port properly. mtty and teraterm just don't support the options we need though.
    Wow, great work there!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions