1.    #1  
    Was a full ver. of docs to go included w/the Sprint 650?

On the road and can't open word docs...get unrecognized file type message. could this be a simple install prob during initial setup?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    It's on the CD and must be installed manually . The one included is for viewing only and I think it only works for attachments received in email (maybe just Versamail).
    DTG that came with your treo is the professional version. You can read AND edit word and excel documents but only view powerpoint files. Make sure that you have the latest version.
    No, it should be fully functional for editing as well as viewing. Files can come from any source, not just email. The only difference between the "Professional" edition included with the Treo, and the "Premium" edition you can buy, is that the latter includes some extras like charting for spreadsheets, and a (weak) picture viewer. The new version 8 also includes a native PDF viewer.

Most likely something went wrong with your installation, as you suspect. Or, possibly, the file you received may be from a very old version of Word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    DTG that came with your treo is the professional version. You can read AND edit word and excel documents but only view powerpoint files. Make sure that you have the latest version.
    Then what I said must have only applied to the 600. Sorry about the misinformation.
  6.    #6  
    will I need to look for a single prc file to install off the cd? should I first try to delete files/tha app. off my treo, or is that not necessary?

must have been a bad install as it shows options for excell and pp, but nothing for word.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    1. Get & install the Dataviz Tech Tool. It's a must-have if you run Docs To Go. You can find it on this board or on dataviz.com. Can't provide a link since I'm mobile right now.

2. Use the tool to remove Docs To Go from the Treo.

3. Pop in the Treo CD. Off the autorun menu, there's an option like "install third party software" or something. Click on that, click on Docs To Go, and follow the install instructions. There are a ton of files; don't try to install them manually.

3. Sync.

4. If you have an SD card, use the Tech Tool to move applications to card. Saves precious RAM.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Or if you registered online with Dataviz, you can go there and download the latest version...not version 8, but something like version 7.006