Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I am able to get a unlocked Treo 650, but after another post I had here recentlly I realize that I am only going to use it on Cingular and would like the Cingular branded features.

    Is it possible to make an Unlocked-unbranded treo 650 an Cingular Treo with all the cingular apps, configs, etc?

    Also if it is possible, will I be able to use the cingular updates?

    Thanks!

    OldNewtonGuy (Treo noob)
  2. #2  
    What features of the Cingular branded phone do you think you will need that the unlocked version does not have?
  3.    #3  
    Someone had said there were different apps on the Cingular one that are not on the unlocked one?

    Is that incorrect. Are the apps and features the same?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldNewtonGuy
    I am able to get a unlocked Treo 650, but after another post I had here recentlly I realize that I am only going to use it on Cingular and would like the Cingular branded features.

    Is it possible to make an Unlocked-unbranded treo 650 an Cingular Treo with all the cingular apps, configs, etc?

    Also if it is possible, will I be able to use the cingular updates?

    Thanks!

    OldNewtonGuy (Treo noob)
    Yes, but the process is a little involved:
    1. Install the 1.21/1.06 or the 1.23/1.06 ROW update.
    2. Install the 1.31/1.15 CNG update
    3. Install the 1.51/1.17 CNG update
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Yes, but the process is a little involved:
    1. Install the 1.21/1.06 or the 1.23/1.06 ROW update.
    2. Install the 1.31/1.15 CNG update
    3. Install the 1.51/1.17 CNG update

    There should be no reason to install 1.31/1.15...

    Also, for step #1, I would only install 1.21 or 1.23 firmware only, not the ROM. Firmware upgrades are more risk-free and the ROM upgrade is not needed.

    As for the CNG update, there are actually 3 separate ones, CNG, CNA & CNB. You need the right one. Follow the instructions on palm's website.

    Afer all that, then you can install 1.71 Firmware.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    There should be no reason to install 1.31/1.15...
    If you've actually done it, then I consider myself corrected. Otherwise, the only successful conversions from ROW to 1.17 that I've read involved installing 1.15 first.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    If you've actually done it, then I consider myself corrected. Otherwise, the only successful conversions from ROW to 1.17 that I've read involved installing 1.15 first.
    On second though, you may be right. I would definitly try skipping that install first though. Seems the later firmwares and ROM upgrades do a better job of checking previous installs.

    I have actually went from the latest verizon to the original Sprint, after swapping the Radio.

    Then swapping in a GSM radio and doing a 1.23 Firmware upgrade

    Then to the latest released ROW Firmware/ROM

    Then to the unofficial 1.71 firmware.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.

Posting Permissions