Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    His original message says: "Left the Server side settings as default except the password." So I believe he is only using the vnc connection password option.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjferguson
    This is exactly what I have already done a number of times and I can't connect. I guess maybe it just won't work for me with me ISP or something? Oh well.
    I should've been more specific. Even if the server side settings are left at default, connection will still fail for some Windows users because of Challenge Response in Windows. To fix that, launch palmvnc on your treo, select your connection and go to Connection Properties, then click on "Advanced..." to add your NT username and password. The popular entry would be "Administrator" and no entry as password.
    Last edited by naivete; 12/08/2005 at 03:40 PM.
    I want to try the VNC again, what is the program name so I can scan my hard drive?, I don't remember where I put it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    I want to try the VNC again, what is the program name so I can scan my hard drive?, I don't remember where I put it.
    I found it, is vesion 2.0.5 current, and do I need any software istalled on my PC running Win XP?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    http://palmvnc2.free.fr/download.php

The Current version is 2.0.5 build 214. You also need to download the ultravnc server.
  5.    #25  
    Thanks for all the information in this post. Gave it one last shot tonight and couldn't get it to work. Must be somthing unique to my setup because I feel like I tried EVERYTHING. Thanks again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12