1.    #1  
    Once again I have not been able to find a college bowl listing that I can import into Outlook. So I took the SI.com listing and reformated it. I will attach 4 files (one for each of the 4 major time zones) change the extension from .txt to .csv and import into Outlook (I assume with some quick Excel work it can be imported into other PIMs.) The only issue I am having with the import is that the Reminder On/Off feild is not automagically mapping, during the import you will need to go in and "Map Custom Feilds..." to fix that one field.

I cross posted for those who have subscriptions to the old threads.

Enjoy,
    Brian
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Awesome Brian, thanks so much!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    The mapping problem is because of the "/" in Reminder on/off...

This was VERY helpful.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Ok I admit it. I am importing this into outlook. I saved the file on my desktop and then went into Outlook and did the import. When asks for file type, what do I pick?
    ...can prevent unnecessary threads.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink40
    Ok I admit it. I am importing this into outlook. I saved the file on my desktop and then went into Outlook and did the import. When asks for file type, what do I pick?
    Change the file extension to .csv
    Choose "Import from another program or file"
    Then "Comma Seperated Values (Windows)"
    Select the file
    Select Destination Folder -> Calendar
    Click "Map Custom Fields"
    Change any mapping, check to see that Reminder On/Off is mapped correctly.
    Click Finish and it should import.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    The mapping problem is because of the "/" in Reminder on/off...

This was VERY helpful.

Thanks!
    Delta_baggage - thanks for the tip. Here's the wierd thing, the column titles are straight from an Outlook export. Let's call it a "feature" not a "bug"
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Sweet and thanks for the remedial lesson. I am hoping to go to El Paso (I know that this may sound odd) for the Sun Bowl
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I am able to get them into Outlook, but when I sync my Treo 650, they get deleted. I change the sync manager to PC overwrites handheld, but still not luck. Can't get entries to appear on handheld. I am using TMP.
    Brian,

I took your .csv files and encorporated them into a database program. The program consists of two parts. The actual College Bowl program and the database file. Make sure to load them both. I have enclosed a couple of screenshots and the program.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sivil; 12/16/2005 at 11:36 AM.
    Sivil,

Will that automatically pick up the timezone and append the correct local time for each game?
    The timezone will need to be selected in the settings menu. As of now, I only included Eastern and Pacific. I will add Mountain and Central shortly. I will also add 5-way support.
    Last edited by Sivil; 12/16/2005 at 10:23 AM.
    Thanks.
    Edited files. All time zones now supported and 5-way added.
  13.    #13  
    2006-7 Bowl Schedules can be downloaded here.

I cross posted for those who have subscriptions to the old threads.