1.    #1  
    I know the screen is 320 x 320, but how many pixels per inch???

I can't find this spec anywhere!

Thanks for your help!
    I'm sorry, why you can't just take a ruler, measure the screen side and then divide 320 by the result ?
    I'm glad someone else said it before I made some sarcastic remark about the obviousness of dividing the resolution by the screen size.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor
    I'm sorry, why you can't just take a ruler, measure the screen side and then divide 320 by the result ?
    Easier said than done. In theory, this is a valid approach, but the screen measurement isn't evenly divisable by 320 (no such thing as "part of a pixel").

Sure, you can "round up" or "round down," but I'm looking for an official spec.

I'm surprised this isn't published/posted anywhere, as fitting 320 pixels into such a small form factor is an impressive feat.

Anyone have an official number???
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rage
    Easier said than done. In theory, this is a valid approach, but the screen measurement isn't evenly divisable by 320 (no such thing as "part of a pixel").

Sure, you can "round up" or "round down," but I'm looking for an official spec.

I'm surprised this isn't published/posted anywhere, as fitting 320 pixels into such a small form factor is an impressive feat.

It's not just theory, though. PPI is quite literally pixels per inch. The screen in 1.8 inches in either direction.

320/1.8 = 177.77778 pixels per inch

The operative measurement is pixels, however, not inches - which is why they spec it that way. Pixel size is variable whereas an inch is always an inch. Each Treo pixel is 0.005625 inch in size. Now there's a bit of trivia for you!
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rage

I think that nothing is more "official" than mathematics
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    It's not just theory, though. PPI is quite literally pixels per inch. The screen in 1.8 inches in either direction.

320/1.8 = 177.77778 pixels per inch

The operative measurement is pixels, however, not inches - which is why they spec it that way. Pixel size is variable whereas an inch is always an inch. Each Treo pixel is 0.005625 inch in size. Now there's a bit of trivia for you!
    Is 1.8 inches the actual VIEWABLE SCREEN (i.e. - pixels that "light up") or TOTAL SCREEN length? This will make a difference on the ppi in the equation if the edges of the screen are being counted as part of the viewable area, but in fact it isn't.

FYI - I can't check this myself as I have Treo 600, NOT a 650.

Thanks for humoring me... I'm just trying to find a definitive value.
    The screen (measured with my ruler) is 1.75" x 1.75" viewable. If you say that you're viewing 183 pixels/inch, you come up with 320.25, so I'd say 183 pixels/inch is about right considering the screen is physically a bit larger than 1.75" x 1.75". Now....what difference does this make other than the resolution is twice that of a Treo 600?????
    Taking a look at my treo 650 the lit LCD pixel screens actually a hair shy of 1.75" per side. So that would equate to roughly:

320 / 1.75 = 182.86 PPI

My best guess would be that it is a 182 ppi screen.

(ed: I wrote this before the above post above was posted)
    How will this piece of information change your life in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    How will this piece of information change your life in any way?
    my sentiments exactly