1.    #1  
    just wondering because i recieved my new phone that replaced another treo 650 which had replaced yet another. everything seems to be ok with the treo running 1.15. cingular. i am very leery of upadating and having another problem.
    If your replacement doesn't freeze up on you, and the volume is OK, and you can stand the long dial tones, you don't need to.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    I HATED version 1.15 because of the CONSTANT screen flashing and clicking noises so I am still running 1.04. Supposedly, 1.17 resolves that issue. Is that true?
    1.17 doesn't seem to have the screen flashing at all when trying to find coverage. I did notice this some even on 1.04. I only used 1.15 for three days, and hated it.

Clicking noises can be turned off, if it's what I'm thinking of (under system sounds).
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I installed 1.17 a week after it was released and after I checked here to see what problems others have had. IMHO I think 1.17 is a bit more stable than 1.15, which was on the phone when I got it. I have had a lot fewer lock ups and resets.

The only real problem I have had was with Docs 2 Go 7 resetting everytime I manually saved a document I was working on, but I did a total uninstall and reinstall of DTG and it seems to be fine now. That problem may have been because I initially moved DTG to my memory card using PowerRun rather than DataViz's Tech Tool. Sometimes I think PowerRun can be too agressive when it moves a program to the card.
    Since you just received the phone, now is a good time to update the ROM and reinstall all the applications (You can still presever your contacts, calendar, tasks, and memos).

My guess (based on the increased stability, volume, better NVFS cache handling), this is the last ROM update for this phone.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by kv5137
    just wondering because i recieved my new phone that replaced another treo 650 which had replaced yet another. everything seems to be ok with the treo running 1.15. cingular. i am very leery of upadating and having another problem.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it! For me, the 1.17 update was a Godsend, because it fixed my phone. It was resetting two or three times a day, and that would cause my bluetooth headset to become unpaired. It was frustrating, but now it's fixed. Unless you have these kinds of issues, what's the sense of "upgrading."
    I did the upgrade a week ago and have had NOTHING but problems since. My phone was fairly reliable before it with a soft reset occastionally when I'd forget to exit an App run from the SD card by hitting home first (I use Zlauncher).

Since the upgrade, I was getting a soft reset an hour. After a few days of misery, I called support and they suggested re-flashing the update.

I did that this morning (twice it froze during the re-flash).

Since the re-flash, I have now gone two hours without a reset (knock on wood).
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    1.17 is the best I've had yet, and I've tried all the CNG and ROW versions.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    1.17 fixed all of the problems I had with my phone. Activesync works and process attachments correctly. Volume was increased and I have not experienced a single reset and I updated my phone the night the update came out.