1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a vehichle mount for my Treo. The only one I see on treocentral.com's store is the Smartphone Experts Vehicle Mount for Treo 600/650. Take a look . . .http://store.treocentral.com/content.../3-78--302.htm.

It's only $20 bucks but I haven't seen any reviews or anything in the forums about this mount. It looks like a good mount with the ability to mount to the windshield with the suction cup or on the A/C vent. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks a lot.
    If you want a vent mount, Arkon has a pretty good one.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I purchased two identical units on eBay (search for seller ACCSTATION). I believe they were $7 or $8 shipped (each)... Not sure about the overall longevity of the arm mechanism, but I've used it lightly for two-three months with no issues. The suction cup holds like there's no tomorrow, and it fits the Treo very well. I'm happy with mine.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info guys. I went ahead and purchased it. Hope I have the same luck...
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    the ones with suction cups weren't that good for me; check out www.proclipsusa.com. I just put it on and it's great.
    That is a strange link, try this one.

http://www.proclipusa.com/
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Yes, the one mendo put up. Sorry
    On the topic of vehicle mounts, i've been searching for a well designed one that wont cost me an arm or a leg.

The arkon i personally dont like. I prefer something that is more customly made to the treo, that actually cradles/cups the the unit instead of just lying flat.
    The seidio and proclip i like, as it matches what i want.. however i sometimes have a hard time justifying so much $ on what is usually more or less a hunk of plastic.

I came across this while googling -- http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7218.htm , however, they dont ship to the states and I haven't been able to find anyone selling it here. The cost seems relatively cheap too.. has anyone else seen this?
    The car mounts on the ProClip site show a piece of adhesive. Has anyone that has used these clips comment on whether it is necessary to use the adhesive? I don't really want to tape anything to my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    The car mounts on the ProClip site show a piece of adhesive. Has anyone that has used these clips comment on whether it is necessary to use the adhesive? I don't really want to tape anything to my car.
    The answer to that question probably depends upon each specific car mount. I have three Pro-Clip mounts in my vehicles and have not felt the need to use the adhesive portion on any of them.