1.    #1  
    If you setup Chatter to use pop - to check every 15 minutes or so - how does it work... Does it "wake up" and go check automatically in the background without having to connect to your data network?

Also what if you are at your desk and don't need it pushed to your treo for a whole day (for instance) does it still push it and if it does, are you still able to get it via Outlook, etc...?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jmgilliam; 12/05/2005 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    If you setup Chatter to use pop - to check every 15 minutes or so - how does it work... Does it "wake up" and go check automatically in the background without having to connect to your data network?

Also what if you are at your desk and don't need it pushed to your treo for a whole day (for instance) does it still push it and if it does, are you still able to get it via Outlook, etc...?

Thanks.
    Chatter needs to connect, or else you'd never get your mail. So yes, it would "wake up" and check, and it would need to connect to do so.

I'm not sure of what the other question means. You can't push POP mail.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Maybe the second question is this - does Chatter remove mail from the server when it checks, or leave a copy on the server? I just dowloaded and installed Chatter myself, so I can't answer it (yet) but I think that is the question jmgilliam is asking...

Is that right?
    Chatter leaves it on the server, but it uses a "sync" model - deleting on the Treo will cause deletions on the server (at the next sync).

Marc
    Wow, I can see that I will have a bunch of questions about Chatter... I'll mess with it for a few days to see what I can work out first.. I'm pretty impressed with what I see so far, except that after the first send/rx I get "login failed" now.... (this is now driving me nuts, by the way) It worked once, but not since... how bizarre...

If you have 2 accounts set to check every 20 minutes, does it know to do them both during one connection session, or does it check one, sign off, then X minutes later do the other one? (if you do a manual check, I see that it updates the "next" time to 20 minutes later, so the 2 accounts could get off from each other on the times that they go check)

I also see that it keeps the connection "active" (little green arrows over signal strength meter) - Is that normal? Shouldn't it close this connection after checking mail? I know Snapper opens the connection, does the check, then closes the connection... I am just concerned about missing calls if the data connection is open, even if it is idle.