Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    I know it may vary based on people's usage habits, but what is your typical battery life per day before a recharge?

I'm already down to the red indicator by day's end (maybe 17 hours of being off the charger).

I mostly use Verichat and Blazer periodically throughout the day.

Just wanted to see if my battery life was in the norm or maybe I have a defective one.

Thanks!

Please indicate how long your battery life is, what apps you normally use, etc.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Hmm.. your's seems pretty short. Mine last about 2-3 days, with occasional GPRS surfing throughout and of course calls and SMSes.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Just FYI - LION batteries like to have a full charge....they don't like being fully discharged. You can let them go low, but don't let them go dead. This can damage the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    I know it may vary based on people's usage habits, but what is your typical battery life per day before a recharge?

I'm already down to the red indicator by day's end (maybe 17 hours of being off the charger).

I mostly use Verichat and Blazer periodically throughout the day.

Just wanted to see if my battery life was in the norm or maybe I have a defective one.

Thanks!

Please indicate how long your battery life is, what apps you normally use, etc.

Hi Ike301!

The Treo 650 is rated for 5 hours of talk time, which is assumed will not have the screen on all the time. Anytime you have the screen on or are using the radio, you are drawing lots of power. Both softwares you mention, do this.

How much time do you spend each day using your Treo as a PDA, phone, Internet device and e-mail device? Sounds like you may need the below battery, which get's you 50% more time on a charge:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=lion

Cheers, Perry.

Normal Day = down to 60% when I get home
    Business Trip Day (Heavy email, web usage and phone usage) 18 hours = down to the red.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/05/2005 at 10:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Ike301!

The Treo 650 is rated for 5 hours of talk time, which is assumed will not have the screen on all the time. Anytime you have the screen on or are using the radio, you are drawing lots of power. Both softwares you mention, do this.

How much time do you spend each day using your Treo as a PDA, phone, Internet device and e-mail device? Sounds like you may need the below battery, which get's you 50% more time on a charge:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=lion

Cheers, Perry.
    awesome. might have to try that if it gets any worse!

i did buy an extra battery and also the cradle that can charge the loose battery. basically, i'm going to do what i always did with my previous phones, which to interchange one each day, alternating charges....

I just wanted to know what the norm battery life people had on their phones just for comparison purposes. never know these days if it's me or is it faulty eq, know what i mean? =)
    1.04-SPNT

(I just edit my above post for my battery draw.)

BTW -- I have used the 2200mAh battery for 6 months. Love the longevity and have had no issues.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/05/2005 at 10:21 AM.
    I am glad this thread was started as am wondering about my battery life to, I barely used my phone today( 1/2 hr on the Web and a 1/2 on a phone call) which started at 6am now it is 6pm and it"s in the red, Now I did have the BT enabled today but this is just not acceptable. I was under the impression this battery was for like 5 hours talk time. I would go for the extended battery but I can't deal with the extra weight, how much more weight does it add?
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I am glad this thread was started as am wondering about my battery life to, I barely used my phone today( 1/2 hr on the Web and a 1/2 on a phone call) which started at 6am now it is 6pm and it"s in the red, Now I did have the BT enabled today but this is just not acceptable. I was under the impression this battery was for like 5 hours talk time. I would go for the extended battery but I can't deal with the extra weight, how much more weight does it add?
    Hi Vilingjunior!

I have not weighed the two batteries, but I think the difference is zilch.

I would say you have a battery drain problem (affectionally called Turbo Drain) if you drained your battery in one day with little use.

If you are not in a low service area (where the Treo continually searches for better towers and thus drains itself) -- you probably have a software glitch causing the drain. No perfect cure is known, but a clean install is a good bet:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101167
    post #2

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/05/2005 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Vilingjunior!

I have not weighed the two batteries, but I think the difference is zilch.

I would say you have a battery drain problem (affectionally called Turbo Drain) if you drained your battery in one day with little use.

If you are not in a low service area (where the Treo continually searches for better towers and thus drains itself) -- you probably have a software glitch causing the drain. No perfect cure is known, but a clean install is a good bet:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101167
    post #2

Cheers, Perry

Hmmm, The phone is 2 weeks old and I may have a draining problem? Not happy! The battery was well fine for the first two weeks but all of a sudden today drain, drain, drain the only thing I have done is paired my Sony Ericson HBH 662. headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Hmmm, The phone is 2 weeks old and I may have a draining problem? Not happy! The battery was well fine for the first two weeks but all of a sudden today drain, drain, drain the only thing I have done is paired my Sony Ericson HBH 662. headset.
    Leave the headset off, tomorrow. See what happens. If the drain goes away, try the headset on again. If the drain re-occurs -- we have identified the issue to fix. If it doesn't come back, oh well, we will deal with the issue if and when it does come back. This "turbo drain" issue has been a slippery devil. Most people have never had the problem, some have experienced it once and never again with only a soft reset as the cure. For a few, it appears once a month. The pattern, has been no pattern.

(Do a soft reset.)

Cheers, Perry.
    I just upgraded my 650 to FW 1.51 and SW 1.17 yesterday. I noticed at lunch today that my battery was down to 42% which I had never seen before. I had bluetooth on as usual for my BT earphone. As I watched I noticed that it would power up every Minute and 15 seconds. I disabled Zlauncher thinking that might be the culprit. Kept watching and the power up continued. I turned off and then back on the BT and the problem went away, Anyone else experienced anything like this? I can easily go all day and have plenty of battery left (probably 60-70 % or more).
    FYI...Seidio also released a 2200mAH Battery last week (same capacity as the Mugen) and it's going for $30 (which is significantly less than what I saw the Mugen going for)

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=216

discussion about it here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=100971

ps...and in post #33 I weighed them for those that are interested (really no difference)
  13. rio
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Max.usage 30% over 4 days
    rio
    Brisbane Australia
    Don't want to start new thread so I'll ask here... I've noticed that if I charge my treo 650 if it's battery has more than 50% of charge then it discharges more fast than if I wait to discharge it to red and charge it after that.. I know that this is more like for NiMH batteries but I've made some test so I can say this for sure.. I'm with my original battery... I'm not so "heavy" user so I have my phone for almost 5 days with one charge cycle. My fastest discharge was: 11 hours of listening of mp3, after that Shrek 2 movie again 2 hours mp3s and still was able to make some short phone calls... (I've traveled by bus last week so I have a plenty of time to loose) So can anyone confirm the fast draining battery effect if not discharged to aprox of 15%?
    Hi Koleto!

Here is the instructions I got with my 2200mAh battery:

Fully charge the battery.
    Go thru 3 to 5 full discharge cycles to fully set the battery's chemistry and power.
    (I think down to 5% would be far enough.)
    Then keep it topped off (full discharges after this would reduce the battery's longevity.)

I would keep your battery topped off, the "first" 50% may drain faster than the "second" 50% -- but the Lithium-Ion battery likes to stay topped off for total battery life purposes.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/06/2005 at 08:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ok, waitaminute. you're supposed to discharge periodically? when and how?
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    ok, waitaminute. you're supposed to discharge periodically? when and how?
    Not periodically. Those were the instructions I recieved with my 2200mAh battery from LION Battery. Three to five full discharges right off the bat, and then keep it topped off.

There were no such instructions in the Treo box for the battery that came with the Treo. The are both Lithium-Ion. I would think the same process would apply, but that is an assumption, and we know what that spells.

Cheers, Perry.
    I only get about 10-12 hours out of a battery, BUT I don't work near a phone or PC, so I am constantly using Treo. I keep my Seidio charger and a spare battery with me at all times so battery life is not a issue.
    If you turn the radio off, the phone can sit turned off for many days (2 weeks maybe?). If I need to keep the charge up I shut the radio off at night. Otherwise, I'd say it would last a few days...a week maybe. I haven't actually tested it to see. Also, keep the screen brightness as low as possible while leaving it usable. This will significantly increase battery life for those who are heavy users (have the screen on alot).
    ive noticed lately with no added software(yes im on cdma and use verichat often) that if i start with a full charge i will drop 8-10 percent in an hour-WITHOUT doing anything online, no verichat, i dont use an email client, i am disconnected from the network, bt disabled and still this happens-only had treo for about 4 months. also i have noticed that once my battery goes into the red, it drains very rapidly. from 20 percent to 2 in about 30 minutes. im using 1.08 upgrade on sprint as that is what it came with. any suggestions?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast