1.    #1  
    Hello,

For searching a movie player on my Treo 650, I tested MMPlayer (1.1) and TCPMP (0.71). MMPlayer was crashed(soft reset) everytime I exited from the application. However, TCPMP worked great and was faster than MMPlayer. And it's free =).

Well, how do I get the skin for TCPMP? I searched here and web, but didn't get good place to download. or the player doesn't support skin at all?

Thank you,
    i could be wrong but i dont think there is a skin for tcpmp, anyone else care to chime in??
    They haven't implemented it yet, but hopefully soon.
  4.    #4  
    Oh, that explains why I can't find any .
    probably no skins while its free...
    no skins for now. But I hear background play is going to be a big feature in future releases and personally would prefer over a skinnable app. I also hope this app stays free (and I hope they do something about the filesize of the app + plugins)
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    (and I hope they do something about the filesize of the app + plugins)
    It is generally not possible to make an app smaller without removing features. There are of course some exceptions, but as a general rule it is what it is. It does run fine from the SD card though.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I always thought downloading skins was for 17 year old girls with too much time on their hands?

For any of the developers of TCPMP reading this forum, I would hope that you realize how much we all appreciate all the hard work you guys have done, and that you will continue to focus your efforts on performance and functionality rather than pretty colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_treo
    I always thought downloading skins was for 17 year old girls with too much time on their hands?

For any of the developers of TCPMP reading this forum, I would hope that you realize how much we all appreciate all the hard work you guys have done, and that you will continue to focus your efforts on performance and functionality rather than pretty colors.
    While I agree with you Tim, obviously you do not speak for everyone so you should use "I" instead of "we all" when requesting how the developers spend their time. Some people like pretty colors. As for me, I'm colorblind but I don't assume that I speak for everyone.

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Well Ok, Tony, I guess you're right. I'll try and be nicer. I'm just upset that I'm getting too old to put a Christina Aguilera skin on my Treo.
    I'm confused.. What purpose would skinning or "pretty colours" do for tcpmp? Background during movies? No thanks, black please. The initial selection gui? Maybe.. but you look at that for what, 10s?

And I'm equally confused about "background playing" too, but I'm going to assume here that means mp3's and other audio.
    The practical value of skinning includes positioning features that a more convenient for a particular need - for example, I listen only to recorded radio talk shows like NPR, so having a prominent button allowing me to advance or move back 30 seconds (or 1 minute or 5 minutes) is handy, something skinning allows for. Until that's implemented, I have to stick with PocketTunes...
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    no skins for now. But I hear background play is going to be a big feature in future releases and personally would prefer over a skinnable app. I also hope this app stays free (and I hope they do something about the filesize of the app + plugins)

I can't wait for a background play feature for TCPMP!!!!

When it's available, (wishful thinking) I'm curious if it'll cause a reset when I try to surf the web (like RealPlayer background play does when I try to jump online while listening to tunes).... I hope not!