1.    #1  
    Is there some place that has a breakdown / comparison of all the MP3 ringtone software? I'm just trying to find a stable, non-buggy, program that doesn't require an additional MP3 player to be installed and that allows changing the volume / silencing with the volume rocker on the side of the Treo 650. Right now I'm aware of: Ringo, MRing, PhoneTechnician, TreoGuard, and LightWav. Are there any others out there that fit what I'm looking for?
    I would love to see this thread continue. I purchased my Treo a bit less than 3 weeks ago, and haven't been happy w/ any mp3 ringtone apps. mRing is decent, but hitting the side buttons doesn't stop a ringer. Also I find the volume control (while on a call) to be annoying. LightWav wasn't very easy either... somewhat confusing layout/settings.
    Is there an app or website that'll change mp3 files to ringer audio files? What file type(s) is/are the standard Treo ringers?

Thanks!
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS Vision/Mac OS 10.3.9
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by depthoffield
    I would love to see this thread continue. I purchased my Treo a bit less than 3 weeks ago, and haven't been happy w/ any mp3 ringtone apps. mRing is decent, but hitting the side buttons doesn't stop a ringer. Also I find the volume control (while on a call) to be annoying. LightWav wasn't very easy either... somewhat confusing layout/settings.
    Is there an app or website that'll change mp3 files to ringer audio files? What file type(s) is/are the standard Treo ringers?

Thanks!
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS Vision/Mac OS 10.3.9
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=89681

Treo 650 can use WAV, AMR and MIDI files as ringtones. For MP3s, you'll need third party applications.
    I currently use Lightwav and it works really well. Am currently also looking at Ringo.