Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I made it!!! One of a kind I would guess... well, actually I have two treo's with it and some extra antennas. I guess you might see one on ebay, but not the treo store.
    Not one of a kind anymore.... thanks to your site I spend about 10 infurating hours getting this thing to work. The cap on my antenna doesn't fit on nicely anymore, and jumping those two leads didn't enable the mic when the headphone's on, but I don't care. I've been wanting a 3.5mm headphone jack since day one!

Unfortunately I had no idea how to solder, and I bought a crappy $10 soldering iron, so I think I had a tougher time than most people would. Routing the wires and closing the case at the end is pretty tough too - there's just not that much extra room in there.

Ty
  2.    #42  
    But you are happy with the mod?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    But you are happy with the mod?
    Are you kidding? I'm thrilled. Check out my post from 10 months ago :

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=70975

I've been dying to get a 3.5mm jack in here and thought it was impossible. I would have preferred to buy a premade antenna, though. I had to destroy my iAudio X5's docking station to get a suitably sized one (I also destroyed an old laptop and several adapters looking for one).

Anyway... thanks again for this awesome mod. When they come out with a 700p I'll do it again!

EDIT: Oh yeah... and for all you haters who are constantly complaining about nono - keep it to yourselves. This is one of the top 5 things I've gotten out of this forum... shadowmite is the only one that compares.

Ty
    Last edited by cornrow; 12/19/2005 at 06:40 PM.
  4.    #44  
    Glad to hear it. I guess it's too late to mention I have plenty of jacks, and I probably would have done it for $100... maybe a bit more with overnight shipping.

Let us know what kind of audio quality you get, format you use, player brand, etc... and post picts of antenna!
    Audio quality is surprisingly excellent. When I had it wired up wrong it was all crackly and distorted, so I thought that's what I was in for. Once I fixed it, though, it became crystal clear. I tested it playing 320kbps MP3s with Etymotic Research ER-4S earphones.

Really the main reason I wanted this is because I'm switching to a polyphasic sleep schedule (www.BetterThanYourBoyfriend.com), and I need a good mobile alarm. Right now I carry my X5 MP3 player with me whever I go for this purpose, but I'd rather not have to. I need to take my naps every 4 hours, so if I forgot the adapter I'd be screwed.

Anyway, now I need extra battery power. I have three batteries, but it's hard to keep them all charged. You mentioned somewhere that you're working on a solution for more battery life? What's the story with that?

Ty
  6.    #46  
    Glad to hear it worked for you. I actually sold an install on ebay for $100, I get the phone next week.

The battery solution is still a ways away. I got a bit sidetracked with other projects. It will not be a do-it-yorsef kinda thing.... more of a purchased deal. Pretty sweet though....
    The new Seidio high end inear noise isolating headsets are a must if you want your Treo to kill an iPod. It's one of my favorite products.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123