Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I signed up for a month of MobiTV ($10) and NOT really impressed with the picture on my Treo 650. I'm getting a good signal, but all the channels 'seem' a little jumpy. Is this expected? And am I asking to much?

I thought the picture MIGHT be television quality, but it's not 'real smooth' and consistant. Maybe this is the best it can do under the circumstances...I was just expecting it to be as 'smooth' as TV quality.

IF this is the case, i will NOT subscribe AFTER this month. Anyone else have this program and how is it running for you.

thanks for any feedback.

Ron
    R Jackson
    wxman@flash.net
    Look here and here, more information then you'll ever need.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I've read ALL the information and threads on this and they are very interesting. BUT, I notice no one mentions the idea that the "unlimited monthly data access" from Verizon is an EXTRA $49 a MONTH PLUS your $10 a month for the program.

Great program, but over priced. IF you are going to use it, MY GOD, get the unlimited data plan....kb plan. I just used in for 'maybe' 10 minutes and Verizon said my bill jumped up about $50....BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE THE UNLIMITED PLAN and THEY ARE charging me for the data....even on the weekends!

I will NOT subscribe any longer...TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY TASTE. But as noted by someone else, TCPMP IS a great program to view DVDs and such.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ron
    R Jackson
    wxman@flash.net
    You got MobiTV and didn't have an unlimited data plan??

LOL
    Seriously, you have to remember that you do not have unlimited data or you will get bit in the a$$.
    Yeah. And don't get Chattermail or Verichat either. Your bill will be more than your house payment.
    I have Cingular and signed up for MobiTV through the MobiTV website, which transfers over to the Handmark site. What they don't tell you is that it's not $9.99 a month. It is $19.98 a month. Not only will Handmark bill your credit card monthly, but Cingular will tack on another $9.99 a month. Call to complain and Cingular will tell you it's Handmark's problem, Handmark will tell you it's Cingular's, and MobiTV will tell you it's Handmark and Cingular.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Yea....I was a dumb a**.

I thought I would try it and 'thought' that the minutes would somehow be taken out of my PHONE MINUTES. Wrong !!! I found out the hard way that data is obviously different.

BUT, I also didn't think that the data is SOOOO MASSIVE........ Verizon told me that 10 mb of data per month would run me an extra $24.99. HELL! I was just playing with this thing for maybe 5 minutes TOTAL and I had used (according to Verizon) 7 mb!

Anybody have ANY idea how much 1 minute of streaming video and audio takes up? I didn't realize that a 'few minutes perhaps' would use 7 mb!

That's rediculous NOT TO HAVE AN UNLIMITED DATA PLAN! Dummy me.
    Thanks for everyone feedback. I appreciate the comments.

Ron
    R Jackson
    wxman@flash.net
    Maxy: That's not right. I would cancel my service if you are not able to get an appropriate response. It's only $9.99/mo.
    Thanks. I did cancel it. I eventually received a refund from Cingular. Handmark has now replied twice confirming the double billing but refusing to fix it, saying again that it's a Cingular problem.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    To expensive for my taste to watch 'limited' television with 'limited' quality. It's great if you're into this kind of stuff, but programs like TCPMP (with DVDs copied to memory card) does me just fine...with much better results too....like being free for example !

Just my two cents worth. But thanks for everyone for the feedback. I will NOT make this mistake again.

Ron
    R Jackson
    wxman@flash.net
    I agree the quality is not worth the price. i used it for about 20 min and cancelled my subscription. I do not suggest it at all.

Good luck
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    forget about it.. i got charge for double. i use it with regular phone and then 6620. it charge for 2 difference account.. i try it with W600. it count me for 3 account. i won't use mobitv anymore. the company who do mobitv have major issue of their accounting.