Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I once tried this a couple of years ago with Treo 600s and I could never seem to get it right - I always wound up with missing or duplicate addresses and calendar events.

Both of my 650s have the same Hot Sync ID and I am on a Mac with OSX 10.4 and I want to keep one master set of data accessible from each 650 and the desktop. There are apps around like Username and ChangeName that let one fiddle with User Names and Hot Sync IDs but I am not sure how they work or even if they would help with this problem.

Has anybody got something like this to work without screwing up data? Any ideas about what might work? I am sure tired of repairing messed up data!!!

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Frank
    You should be able to do this by having a different Hotsync ID for each Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    You should be able to do this by having a different Hotsync ID for each Treo 650.
    I thought that different Hot Sync IDs would require different corresponding User Names in Palm Desktop and thus different data files. I want one master data file in Palm Desktop that each 650 would sync with.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    I thought that different Hot Sync IDs would require different corresponding User Names in Palm Desktop and thus different data files. I want one master data file in Palm Desktop that each 650 would sync with.

Frank

Can't do it. Each has to have it's own name.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Well, I think I know how to share one master data base on a PC with Outlook and Pocket Mirror Pro XT for two (or more 650s) with different Hot Sync IDS. You merely go into Chapura Settings and define what you want to sync or override for each Hot Sync ID and then sync each 650 (seperately, not both at once) and the synced data appears properly in Outlook. This works for Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes.

But how to do this for Palm Desktop on a Mac? One thing I thought of doing was to use ChangeName to make the HotSync IDs and User IDs exactly the same for both 650s and then sync each one separately with Desktop. But I just got a feeling this might lead to duplicate and/or deleted data items.

Can't believe I am the only person to want to share a Desktop database. Surely some smart person has a way to do this??

Frank