1.    #1  
    I finally set lightwav up on my new Treo 650. I am able to set an mp3 up as a ringtone, however I am still hearing Treo's ringer on top of the MP3 playing whenever anyone calls. I have it set to 'silent' nder the phone's preferences for incoming calls, however it still plays the default ringer. Does anyone know how to disable that so it only plays the mp3?

Thanks
    Have you set it to silent for all both Known and Unknown caller tones?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    I think so. I just deleted an mp3 to save some memory. I'm getting a 512 MB SD card tonight so I'm going to wait til I have the extra memory to put MP3s on.
    I'll try again once I have the card, but thanks
    I registered this app. I have not been able to get it to play MP3s at all. I've gotten no response from my support query. I'm not using it now. (Feels like a waste of funds.)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    I registered this app. I have not been able to get it to play MP3s at all. I've gotten no response from my support query. I'm not using it now. (Feels like a waste of funds.)
    Join the club. I will never use any of there software again. There stuff is full of bugs. ANd I think they were the ones who recently were accused of posting here as a regular poster and trying to sell there software. Unbelievable.
    Well that quite simply stinks. The one thing I really have missed by moving to the 650 is the custom ring tones and the fact that the 'stock' tones that come with it all sound the same. I thought that Lightwav might be the answer but it sounds like that might just be lightwav marketing. /sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockurtz
    Well that quite simply stinks. The one thing I really have missed by moving to the 650 is the custom ring tones and the fact that the 'stock' tones that come with it all sound the same. I thought that Lightwav might be the answer but it sounds like that might just be lightwav marketing. /sigh
    What exactly are you trying to do? You can assign ringtones to users who are entered as favorites within the phone app. Will that meet your needs?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    sorry to hear of all the bad experiences... I have had lightwav pretty much since it's inception & have had minor issues here and there. All issues were resolved in a timely fashion & I never had a problem getting a response from the developer.

could it be that you have your favorites already set with specific ringtones? if that is the case, it will likely ring over the mp3 you select in lightwav. if so, try removing the individual ringtones from the favorites buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    What exactly are you trying to do? You can assign ringtones to users who are entered as favorites within the phone app. Will that meet your needs?
    That's what I've been doing but that is limited (unless I've missed an edit) to the ring tones that come with the device. I also have a ton of contacts and like to have work numbers ring differently than friends etc. Setting each work number up with its own fave gets to be a pain. On my old (non-treo) phone I could assign a ring tone to a contact (even txt msgs from them would use the ringer). To do that with Faves requires a button for each (again unless I've missed something).

-Doc
  10.    #10  
    I finally got it working. So far I haven't had any problems with it. It turns out that the ringer under the preferences was not set to silent. I have everything set to silent under prefs, and now the mp3 ringtones work just fine for the assigned contacts and other calls.

I hope I don't have any problems in the future lol.

Just thought I'd update everyone on my progress as I haven't had the phone for more than a week so far.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    it worked great for me for a while. then ran into this minor issue i was unable to resolve..It reset when i tried to answer a phone call..turned out to be a great program to keep my treo freshly reset. like we need another of those. got no help from support.
    MRING is working flawlessly
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I was getting constant resets with Lightwav, as well. I loved the Caller Notes feature, but I got a soft reset with my 650 every time a call came in with it enabled. Heck, with the Caller Notes disabled, I still got soft resets all the time.

Without it, all is well. I really like MP3 ringtones; maybe I'll look at MRing.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I've had minor problems - mostly user error - but love having any ringtone, full-screen photo ID, caller ID,etc. All features a $600 smartphone should have in the first place!
    I've also had lightWav since the beginning on the 600 with some issues but nothing major. I'm using lightwavPro now on the 650...and its been working great for me. (knocking on wood) mp3/Video caller ID are my favorite features...and they work with no problems at all...The only time I access the program is to assign a new video & mp3.

Just got an email about an update to pro1.3 being available and wanted to know if anyone has installed it yet and what improvements they found?
    I just installed 1.3 after being a long time Lightwav user. I am now getting that reset every time a call comes in 'feature' mentioned above. Not happy.....
    dmurphy4040,
    Has there been a resolution yet? If not, have you gone to another app?
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS
    Marlton, NJ
  17. amf
    Dump Lightwav and use the latest CallFilter app...
    Quote Originally Posted by amf
    Dump Lightwav and use the latest CallFilter app...
    Totally agree. Forget about whether or not his software is buggy, just take into consideration his antics from a few weeks ago.

I would hope no one ever buys another product from that jackass.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Does CallFilter support multiple contacts to have different mp3 ringtones? Also do the side buttons mute the ringer when the phone is ringing? What about it's ease of use?

Thanks!
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS
    Marlton, NJ
  20. amf
    Quote Originally Posted by depthoffield
    Does CallFilter support multiple contacts to have different mp3 ringtones?
    Yes it does.

About 2 weeks ago, I uninstalled Lightwav and used CallFIlter instead. Since that time, I NEVER had any unintentional resets!!! When I was using Lightwav, a reset takes place once daily. Oftentimes the reset is when an SMS or a call comes in (I lose the SMS and missed the call because of such reset). For Lightwav users who are experiencing crashes, give CallFilter a spin and you won't regret it!

By the way I'm using an unlocked GSM Treo 650 with Firmware 1.31.