1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I'm a recent convert from an SMT5600 windows smartphone. with the smartphone, if i made a change in outlook, my data was INSTANTLY synced with my phone rather than having to press a "sync" button.

With the treo,i have it setup so it will sync every time upon connect, however, if i make a change within outlook WHILE the treo is connected, it will not reflect on the treo unless I press the sync button again.

Is there a way to make it act more like a windows smartphone when it comes to syncing?
    Short answer to your question: No. There are applications and services that provide this sort of thing, of course. I believe that this is how Goodlink works (http://www.good.com), but it's installation isn't cheap nor trivial. There are others also I am sure (Sprint Business Connect, etc.)

As far as Activesync goes, I just set mine to autosync every ten minutes or so, and it achieve a similar effect. No instant push though.
    I use active sync and have it going out every 5 minutes. With the 1.17 update it works flawlessly with my email and calendar updates.
    Both Druce and txschafers mention the set up of a timer-based autosync. Is this on the Palm OS? if so, what palm application allows you to set up regularly scheduled synch?
    good question. i know cradlecare can handle this scheduling of hotsync, i'd be very interested if there were other options.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Yeah. This is the most frustrating thing about Palms and it is a really stupid design feature. I am enormously envious of my wife's blackberry for this exact reason. I make extensive use of to-dos and my calendar, but my palm and my computer are always out of sync. I'm not sure what Activesync is, but I doubt it works on a mac

Kurt