1.    #1  
    Ok so I got this Sony Ericsson Akono HBH-662 Headset (not from the same auction) a while ago off ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Ericsson-Ak...QQcmdZViewItem

Now the thing works fine but I never use it... why?

Because it fits on my ear like a freakin CLAMP!!! The design sucks. You can't see it in the picture (I am going to try and take a pic and post it) but the bud part that goes in your ear is wedge shaped. And the part that goes over your ear isn't long enough so the only way to get it to work is throw it on your ear and it sits on the upper part of your ear and stabs the life out of it. I got used to using it for a while but then I was just over it.

Anyone else had these issues?!?! Please vent with me!

Got small ears?... wanna buy this off me?
    I think my 662 is great. I have found that position is important and only a tiny change can make all the difference in the world. My best fit is: do not rotate hook all the way around the ear. If you wear it on your left ear rotate the hook all the way around until it stops then rotate it back counter-clockwise a bit. You will have to experiment to find your "a bit". Also try rotating the headset itself to different positions but move it only a small amount each time and try it for awhile. I found the right position by accident the first time I used it then had to hunt around to find it again. If I hadn't been lucky enough to find out that there actually is a good position in the first place I might not have had enough patience to find it again. I have worn it a number of times for up to 6 hours and forgot it was on.

I find that if I have it in the right position and shake my head it doesn't move. In the wrong position it will usually flap about a bit. Hope that helps.
    Get an eargel for it and that headset will be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrappedAtUF
    Got small ears?... wanna buy this off me?
    I have this with a Jabra eargel (purple) and I like it. I could use a backup, $25?
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I just bought this model, I haven't paired it yet but when I tried it on it seemed fine. Will report back.

After further review I understand what your saying, it's ok but I might try the eargels as I don't like it wrapped around my ear.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 12/03/2005 at 02:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Let the bidding begin. I'll give u $35 for it. I had one, returned it, tried a couple others and decided the Sony was probably best.
    Ok after pairing it and two phone calls later I like it. There is a little static but no more then my cordless phone at home. The volume seemed ok to me, although I wasn't in a noisy car.
  8.    #8  
    Well I thought about the ear gel thing but never did anything with it.

I have put it up for sale on eBay... good luck: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I love my 662 but after the update to cing 1.17 the volume is lower, has anyone else experienced this? I think I am going to try 1.15 again and see if I notice a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Get an eargel for it and that headset will be perfect.
    I tried the eargel thing, but never got them to fit over the earpiece wedge. How do you guys do it????

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjancef
    I tried the eargel thing, but never got them to fit over the earpiece wedge. How do you guys do it????

Ken
    A drop of Superglue works perfectly. It'll keep the eargel adhered and if you don't use too much, you'll still be able to take if off if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    A drop of Superglue works perfectly. It'll keep the eargel adhered and if you don't use too much, you'll still be able to take if off if necessary.
    Ahh... makes sense. I might try it. What I do is if I'm just standing around, I stretch the loop to make it open up more, and it has helped. It was a real pain at first to wear it, but it's at a point now that it's fairly comfortable.

Thanks for the info!

Ken
    I now have this headset. Works like a charm! Sound quality is better than my old HS 850 and the battery indicator is great for telling how much time is left on it. Without an LCD screen, you have no idea, though with the Moto simply closing the boom turned it off and effectively made the "standby" time unlimited.