1.    #1  
    I think there may be some sort of Palm application for playing mp3's that looks and operates like an ipod interface

anyone know the name of it ?

gonna get a 2gb SD card for my Treo 650 rather than a 2gb ipod nano, but I still wanna somewhat retain the ipod "feel" of the mp3 player.
    "Living is the only thing worth dying for."
    I'm not sure if it fits what you're looking for, but AeroPlayer has a number of iPod skins available for it.
  3.    #4  
    Thanx for the replies, guys...I remember when I used (what used to be mine before I gave it to my girlfriend) my Treo 600, there was an mp3 player that had the look and feel of an ipod complete with click wheel and all. While the itunes skin for pocket tunes is ok, I still want an mp3 player for palm that looks the the front of an actual ipod unit and functions like an ipod with the wheel, search by artist/album/track/etc
    Last edited by AltarEgo; 12/03/2005 at 07:02 PM.
    "Living is the only thing worth dying for."
    A question for you folks with more experience in this area:

I've been using Real Player on my Treo 650 for listening to audio books - WAV and MP3 files.

Every time I get a call or use other features on the phone, Real Player loses its place and I have to manually figure out where I left off.

Would the Itunes "skins" you metioned help fix this problem?

My first choice would be to use Real Player, but I don't mind switching to other software if it solves this problem.

Any help appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomingram
    A question for you folks with more experience in this area:

I've been using Real Player on my Treo 650 for listening to audio books - WAV and MP3 files.

Every time I get a call or use other features on the phone, Real Player loses its place and I have to manually figure out where I left off.

Would the Itunes "skins" you metioned help fix this problem?

My first choice would be to use Real Player, but I don't mind switching to other software if it solves this problem.

Any help appreciated.
    The skins wouldn't help at all.

Pocket Tunes would solve the problem though. It will pick up where you left off after a phone call ends.
    Does AeroPlayer do that too?
    Yes. However, I noticed that Aeroplayer doesn't seem to stop the music till you actually answer the phone call. You might miss a call if you have the phone volume set low and Aeroplayer volume set high in my opinion. It does pick up where the music left off after the phone call ends though.

Pocket Tunes stops playing the music as soon as the phone rings, then picks up again where it left.
    Sounds like Pocket Tunes is the way to go - thanks for the help
    Try TCPMP. When the player is disrupted by phone call or other application switch, you can return to the player, and it will resume where it left off.
    you can also try this iTunes inspired skin
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/pTunesSkins/iMinimal.htm

Or better yet, try our skin superpass
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/mobiles...assdetails.htm
    Why not use the Apple iPalm? ;-) Zire 72 + white silicone case + pTunes + iTunes skin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm m125 > Palm Zire 71 > Tapwave Zodiac 1 > Palm Zire 72 > Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 + 4gb MicroDrive + Palm Tungsten T|3 (1100mah)
    Palm screen repair guide for Zire 72 and T|C.
    MobiltyBeat
    PalmInfocenter moderator
    Palm Help Forums moderator
    Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 for sale!
    seems like most of the followups have focused on the visual look of the interface gained by skins for various players. however, while looks are part of it, i think the original poster (and I and probably many others) is looking for the browsing interface of the iPod where it lets you browse by artist, album, etc. based on the metadata rather than browsing the file system like in pTunes. If there's a way to browse via metadata in pTunes, I haven't found it yet. any suggestions?
    Yes, a skin that emulated the Ipods file and menu structure (while retaining the thumbwheel action) would be very nice. I would pay for such a skin.
    What you are looking for is mOcean. This is a player that looks like the ipod interface. I'm not familiar with the IPOD ,but this looks like it might be the color version. I know it works well and works with mp3's, I think it works with other media including ipod converted songs.

Take a look: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1023.html?mOcean

they are saying it is shareware, I'm not sure how much it is?

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by esimkins View Post
    What you are looking for is mOcean. This is a player that looks like the ipod interface. I'm not familiar with the IPOD ,but this looks like it might be the color version. I know it works well and works with mp3's, I think it works with other media including ipod converted songs.

Take a look: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1023.html?mOcean

they are saying it is shareware, I'm not sure how much it is?

Eric
    mOcean is as close to an IPOD that you will get for a Treo. Its pretty impressive. Even sync's with your iTunes. I used it for podcasts.

I noticed however that when I was using mOcean it drained my battery faster than PTunes. I have since just gone back to PTunes since I'm usually listening to it on long trips.
    I love mOcean's interface too, but every time tried the evaluation version, I get crashes, crashes and more crashes when in background mode. It doesn't seem to "play nicely" with other programs, whereas PocketTunes is rock solid. Also mOcean won't play some mp3's, such as those with low bit rates, that PT has no trouble with. (I'm on Verizon with a 650, if that matters.) Alas, I'm back to plain old PocketTunes. Now if only someone would create a skin for PT that is half as good as mOcean's interface... (yes I've downloaded and tried them all...)