Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    suggestions?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    You can't! Right now there is no wmv support for PalmOS b/c of high lisencing costs to M$. Hopefully though, it might come in the future...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    I can play WMA files on TCPMP but there is no sound. I thought I read somewhere that you convert the WMA via Quick Install on you desktop--is that true?

Opps, sorry!

I thought he said wmv files! Ptunes deluxe supports WMA right now. I don't think TCPMP support wma right now on palmos...

If you try to install wmv vids via hotsync tool, then it will convert to asf files which the builtin media player can support. But this is a round about solution and not for native wmv support...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 01/12/2006 at 03:08 AM.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    you can actually play WMV files on the Treo with TCPMP and Pocket Tunes deluxe.

You need to:

1) Disable audio decoding in TCPMP
    2) Rename the file to xxxx.wma
    3) Open in Ptunes, play the "audio" file and exit.
    4) Pause at 5 sec (count in your head) using the side button. You need ptunes 3.1.3
    5) Open same file in TCPMP and play video.
    6) Hit side button a 5 sec to get audio from Ptunes.

Not pretty but it works. Good for Music videos but longer videos loose sync. Video is a bit faster but you can slow it down in TCPMP under preferences. I tried 96% and it was close. You can also double-tap the video screen quicky to instantly pause it.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    you can actually play WMV files on the Treo with TCPMP and Pocket Tunes deluxe.

You need to:

1) Disable audio decoding in TCPMP
    2) Rename the file to xxxx.wma
    3) Open in Ptunes, play the "audio" file and exit.
    4) Pause at 5 sec (count in your head) using the side button. You need ptunes 3.1.3
    5) Open same file in TCPMP and play video.
    6) Hit side button a 5 sec to get audio from Ptunes.

Not pretty but it works. Good for Music videos but longer videos loose sync. Video is a bit faster but you can slow it down in TCPMP under preferences. I tried 96% and it was close. You can also double-tap the video screen quicky to instantly pause it.

HA!!! That's pretty cool!