1.    #1  
    Got a package from Palm today with a replacement SIM Tray without requesting it. Never seemed to have the problems but I changed it anyway.

The note says: "To help deliver the best possible Treo 650 smartphone experience for all our customers, Palm is sending replacement SIM trays to Cingular Wireless GSM Treo 650 smartphone users. Whiel you may not experience any of the issues mentioned above, replacing your current SIM tray with the new SIM tray could reduce your chances of experiencing these symptoms in the future."

Just wondering how this helps all the Treo 650 customers if they are only sending them to the Cingular 650 users?
    I just got the same package today..............

I'll do the swap myself, but I don't think I have this problem, or maybe I'm just too trained to expect hickups, that I don't notice anymore.
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    I also received an unsolicited SIM card tray in the mail today. When the free replacement tray offer was first announced, I requested and received a tray. I'm not sure why they sent a second one, but it will be nice to have as a spare.

edit: Yes, I have a locked Cingular phone.
    Y'all are making me jealous. I've entered a request from Cingular's site as well as called Palm and Cingular - they all say that the only way to get a replacement tray is to hav ePalm mail one to me. I wouldn't care so much except that I sent my girlfriend's treo in for a repair and they sent it back with 1) no replacement sim tray and 2) instructions to use the included sim tray that they did not include.

It's been over a week now since I submitted the web request for the new tray. :-(
    That's great.I requested mine and recieved it within two or three days.You would hope that they would've extend similar service to those who purchased their units unlocked from Palm as well.I am jealous as I had to convince the service rep to send one out to me,since I didn't have a unit locked to Cingular.

It's definately a noticeable improvement,at least I can say resets now are not due to that reason.
    If you don't get a new tray, just put a folded piece of paper behind your sim. No biggie.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by njdjr
    Got a package from Palm today with a replacement SIM Tray without requesting it. Never seemed to have the problems but I changed it anyway.

The note says: "To help deliver the best possible Treo 650 smartphone experience for all our customers, Palm is sending replacement SIM trays to Cingular Wireless GSM Treo 650 smartphone users. Whiel you may not experience any of the issues mentioned above, replacing your current SIM tray with the new SIM tray could reduce your chances of experiencing these symptoms in the future."

Just wondering how this helps all the Treo 650 customers if they are only sending them to the Cingular 650 users?
    I got mine yesterday too. Exchanged it with my old one, now I can't get it out. I tried to pull out the SIM Tray so I can test my phone (got it replaced just a few days ago) with a different SIM to see if it's unlocked or not. I tried to push it out with a flat screwdriver but had to stop because I'm affraid to break it. Anyone else out there tried to pull out your SIM tray after installing the new one? HELP!!!!!!!!!
    I also received an unsolicited SIM card tray. Upon trying the new tray I noticed almost no change in the fit of the tray. The phone appeared to actually have more trouble by loosing a connection to the SIM card using this new tray. I went back to the older crappy one.
    I also got an unsolicited one yesterday. Probably will just keep it as a backup since I haven't had any problems
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    I recieved my warranty replacement for my original Treo this morning,it came with the "improved version" of the SIM tray.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I recieved my requested SIM tray a couple of months ago and then recieved a 2nd one a couple of days ago. I now have the original (no issues), the 1st requested replacement (in the phone) and now a new back-up SIM.
    My wife got a refurb (with the $139 Cingular deal that was available recently) and hers came with a REALLY loose sim tray, so bad that I thought the phone was DOA basically until I took the SIM in and out again, then it worked until I moved the phone. I figure it's the reason it was returned in the first place.

Some paper behind it and nary a problem. Low tech solution, but works. I also got a replacement SIM tray (addressed to me; but not sure if it's my Treo or hers as it's my name on the account) but I'm just putting it away somewhere as a backup. My Treo's SIM tray was fairly bad, but never any major problems. Shimmed it just in case, and the occational HalRadio crashes went away when trying to connect GPRS.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Can any of you be kind enough to send me his old replacement tray because I never received one and my current SIM Tray is very loose. I tried contacting Cingular but all to no avail and I tired of fooling with them. My address is P.O. Box 49283, Austin Tx, 78765. Thanks guys.
    Have you tried cutting a piece of regular paper double-length of a sim card and folding it and putting it BETWEEN the sim and sim tray? Or taking something heavier like a cigarette box and cutting it the size of a sim card and again placing it *between* the sim and sim tray?

That should fix your problem. Just make sure you put the 'shim' paper between the sim and sim tray or the whole thing might get stuck in the Treo.