1.    #1  
    I have been using my Jabra 250 on my Audiovox SMT 5600 for months - no problem.

I just got a Treo 650 - the Jabra is recognized okay during setup, and will connect to the Treo - for about 4 seconds, then it disconnects.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Rocky
    The Jabra 250 does not work well with the Treo 650. Search the boards for other BT headset options, such as the Treo BT Headset, Cardo Scala 500 and my prefered headset, Plantronics Voyager 510.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    The Jabra 250 does not work well with the Treo 650. Search the boards for other BT headset options, such as the Treo BT Headset, Cardo Scala 500 and my prefered headset, Plantronics Voyager 510.
    I have had a 250 for 4 months now and have had no problems with my it or my Treo 650. yeah, I get a little static in some places. But other than that, it stays paired and connects as soon as I touch the answer button.
    Mine is performing awesome except for one fatal flaw. Once I turnoff the BT reciever it won't pair anymore untill I relearn the device.

I didn't have this problem with Cingular 1.15, but performance wasn't half as good then, compaired to the new FW.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    check your firmware. if you don't have the 1.17, you won't be able to have it automatically connect to the call. i had the 1.15 firmware on my treo and if i was in a call, i'd have to hit the connect button on my jabra bt250 (which works amazingly, btw) to connect.

now that i have the 1.17 when i answer a call it transfers right to the headset. it's not the bt250, it's the bluetooth software on the treo that needs to be updated.

check the firmware by pressing the green phone button, then choose the top right button, "options" then "phone info"
    "software:" should say, Treo650-1.17******"

cheers!

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/
  6.    #6  
    I upgraded to 1.17 a couple of days ago, and it didn't seem to help. Then I read these replies, and thought maybe I needed to press the answer/hang-up button to make/end calls (with my Audiovox SMT5600 I didn't need to touch my headset - it behaved just like a wired headset). I made a call a few minutes ago successfully by using the button, so maybe that's the only problem I was having - user ignorance! (Wouldn't be the first time!).

I'll see if it continues to work today. Menwhile, I ordered a Plantronics 510 in case this Jabra guy doesn't behave...

Thanks for all your replies and advice!

Rocky
  7.    #7  
    Well, hot darn! It is now working as I want - auto-answer, auto-on when incoming or outgoing call starts, everything!

Now I can be wireless without looking like a Borg (like so many of the silly-looking Bluetooth headsets).

Happy Camper...
  8.    #8  
    As a p.s. ...

I bought a Plantronics Voyager 510 based on comments in this and other threads... I MUCH prefer the Jabra.

To each his own, I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyp
    I have been using my Jabra 250 on my Audiovox SMT 5600 for months - no problem.

I just got a Treo 650 - the Jabra is recognized okay during setup, and will connect to the Treo - for about 4 seconds, then it disconnects.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Rocky
    I'm having exactly the same problem with my Jabra 250 and Sprint phone. I don't believe Sprint has the 1.17 update, though, so I can't solve the problem that way. Anyone else gotten this combo to work?