Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seems some folks have installed the Asia leak, cleaned or not, GSM FW 1.71/SW 1.20 Ok, and others have had a difficult time.

What are your specific issues, and ROM you are trying to use?

Could the Asia ROM possibly have different enough code, that it does not read the US ROW ROM well enough to flash smoothly and consistently?

What could be causing the inconsistent flashes?

Spanky
    Quote Originally Posted by igargamel
    lovecostarica, this is exactly my problem.
    any solution for this?
    tx
    Ig:

What ROM are you using?
    Will your Treo recognize the SD card and read any contents?
    You put the ROM via your PC/SD card installation method?
    What ROM set does your Treo currently have?
    When did you download the ROM?

M
    I found Custom 3&4 have no Multimail*.prc. I cannot see versamail application. Please help to add them. Thank you.
    Ok...what am I doing wrong here? Here are my steps:

1. I format an SD card.

2. Unzip ROM Custom 1 to the root of the SD card. I don't change any directory names - I unzip just as it is.

3. I then hard reset my Treo, plug it into the wall charger.

4. Insert the SD card, FW update runs successfully.

Then it tries to update the ROM and fails with the message "Error Updating ROM".

I do a hard reset - FW is 1.71, SW is still 1.13 ROW. The ROM/SW never upgrades.

Thoughts??
    Don't know if this will help anyone or not. I downloaded the update from the Chinese site and installed it as is. I live in China and use Chinese a lot so I didn't have any reason to remove the Chinese files. My installation went without problem. After the installation I installed all my apps and found that AltKey caused some problems and I would get into an endless reset loop which I could break with a warm reset, which disables AltKey, then soft reset. Once I removed AltKey I have had no more issues. I am using FieldPlus to access the command bar now and all other functions are disabled. There doesn't seem to be any conflicts with it. Other than that I have had no problems at all and it is very stable.

Thus, I suspect for those with problems that during installation it is looking for something that has been removed in the custom ROMS, even the ones with CJKOS left in.

For anyone interested, with CJKOS, Penpower and all the Chinese files in ROM rather than RAM total memory is reduced but memory left increased by about 2 MB. The Chinese ROM doesn't include the phrase association files so you can install those in RAM and they work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    Ig:

What ROM are you using?
    Will your Treo recognize the SD card and read any contents?
    You put the ROM via your PC/SD card installation method?
    What ROM set does your Treo currently have?
    When did you download the ROM?

M
    hi lovecostarica
    the rom i'm using is latest custom 2
    copied the files to clean sd, did zero out reset, remove sim card, put sd, the device recognized the sd and automatically start the update.
    pluged in to AC, hit ok and the update for the FW started.
    after few minutes the update for the FW ended successfully and the rom update begin, and then i got the error message "error updating rom"
    i'm updating from fw1.51 and rom1.13
    now it says 1.71 and 1.20apr, but the rom files is still my old 1.13 files, blazer 4.0, versa 3c, etc.
    any help will be apprecated
  7.    #7  
    Multimail is included/ok
    I try to upgrade to custom #4 again with Multimail. And now I got the error message "error updating rom". I try many times but got the same error. Downgrade to 1.13/1.28 by SD card method and upgrade again and got error message again. It looks like custom #3 and Custom #4 not complete. Please help to check the ROMs.
    if the fw is already 1.71 and you want to flash it again, you have to flash with unaltered rom first, then with custermised rom.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I am also getting the error trying to use the Custom 4 ROM
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I am also getting the error trying to use the Custom 4 ROM
    So it seems it is not ROM specific? Custom 1 or Custom 4 - both bombs...
    Custom 4 worked fine yesturday, but was missing some files. The updated version is not working now.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Custom 4 worked fine yesturday, but was missing some files. The updated version is not working now.
    Strange how some have no problem and others are crashing and burning. Any ideas from the technical gurus out there? I can't imagine we are ALL applying the update incorrectly - that part is pretty darn simple - could it be the revision of hardware we are using? Every update of ROM I apply bombs - Custom 1 or Custom 4 - FW update is fine. Currently 1.71.

My Treo is only two months old - came from the factory with FW 1.28 SW 1.13. Maybe that is the issue? Thoughts anyone??
    Finally did it with Keysersoze's rom trimmed down
    3 or 4 times until it's updated correctly.
    man, it was a bit frightening but only took 15 seconds....
    no HD between tries.
    now blazer ver is 4.3.2.1, no versa, no real, no tutorial, WOW :-)
    DB is almost 13mb but the free memory down by 1mb :-(
    on the good side, it's one stable build !! i think i'll stick with it until the end of my treo.....
    ha, or just until the next leak show up :-)
    tx to anyone who helped with this
    i have a cingular, previously locked then upgraded to, fw 1.31 sw 1.06...ROW
    I successfully upgraded to fw 1.71 sw 1.20, but got an error in updating ROM,
    and BT / blazer etc is still the same

what should I do next? should I unzip the ace-palmos.zip and put into the palm root of my SD card? or should i just accept my fate
    Anyone sucess to upgrade to custom 3 or 4 after include versamail?
    Yes, versamail works, but it's version 3.0, no update
    i don't get any change in blazer, BT. should I try again? after hard reset?

lovecostarica -
    i have the same problems,
    started with 1.31 / 1.06...row
    can load v 3 onto sd card, but have the same problems as igargamel originally
    I'd like to have versamail, realplayer...what can i do to get v3 ROM upgrade to work (downloaded 12.2)
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Same problems here with the #4 rom. However, kaisersoze's rom did work. Note the URL is wrong. The correct URL is
    http://rapidshare.de/files/8432697/T...nimum.rar.html
    Quote Originally Posted by orthofel
    Yes, versamail works, but it's version 3.0, no update
    i don't get any change in blazer, BT. should I try again? after hard reset?

lovecostarica -
    i have the same problems,
    started with 1.31 / 1.06...row
    can load v 3 onto sd card, but have the same problems as igargamel originally
    I'd like to have versamail, realplayer...what can i do to get v3 ROM upgrade to work (downloaded 12.2)
    It seems from both the 1.71/1.20 forums that many people are getting incomplete upgrades with the customized ROMs. I installed the original unadulterated Chinese package and both my Versamail and Blazer updated to v3.1 and v4.3.2 respectively. Bluetooth range is much greater.
    Is the original, un-altered Chinese still available? I think the one from hi-pda has been removed. Anyone could point me where I can find that elsewhere? Thanks in advance.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast